Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

What I dont' get is the whole gay movement thing. I've never had something shoved into my face from so many directions as gay rights. It's one thing to have equal rights, but to market it so that the public will begin to "accept" it feels wrong. We know its there, but we dont' have to be happy about it if we don't want to.

Well I've never had a movement shoved in my face harder than the evangelical preachers on at least 3 channels in my city blasting away with their interpretations of the bible and asking for money so they can pay for their BMW's and make weakminded people think they've paid their way into salvation. And they don't even make the effort to try to appeal to other denominations that don't understand them. I've had them come down to FIU and tell students that Princess Diana is burning in hell with Ghandi b/c they were not Christians. I find them sick too, yet I let them be. You have the right to feel how you want and believe in what you want but don't even attempt to infringe upon me for any reason.

And what if your kid turns out gay? Or lesbian? Would you appreciate your neighbors discriminating against him/her too? Would you appreciate a mass gathering of people united to make sure that your gay child could not be considered equal amongst Americans?

It's not just about you and your beliefs. You are not an island.