NOTE: TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THAT IT'S 2:33 IN THE MORNING...

Man, you guys...

I wonder sometimes if y'all remember that this is wholly a car forum.

Anywho, I tried (really I did) to stay out of this thread and the political election thread, but this has gotten under my skin enough to generate a reply.

The bottom line is that a majority of America is still heterosexual. I don't believe that there is any specific "reason", so to speak, that there aren't more homosexuals in this country, or that the right to be granted the same rights as a heterosexual marriage exists at the present time.

Based upon my religion, I don't believe gays should have the right to use the term "marriage". In all essence, it boils down to this so called discrimination, which is a load of hoagey to start with. For all I know, gays could want to use the word "marriage" because it's longer than the word "union". Forgive my short-sightedness, but you can ask me why I feel this way, and the only answer I will provide is "because I just do." It's how a majority of the baby-boomers in age were raised. They've passed it down to our generation. Marriage equals a man and a woman. Perhaps this is just a milestone in the never-ending road of evolution.

However, this isn't a slash against homosexuals in general. They aren't much different than any other group of people in the world. I respect them as any other human being. They still have the same organs inside them and the same blood coursing through their veins. I just don't see how people can fling around the word "discrimination" so carelessly though. What if we took all the long "bling" chains, rap music and 26 inch rims away from the black community, saying it provokes violence? Or maybe Gothic people shouldn't be allowed to wear black because it reminds other Christians of Satan.

It will never end. For every opinion that each one of you posts (and they are ALL opinions) there will be somebody else out there to counter it with their own opinion. Nothing in this entire thread is factual, save for the way the voting turned out.

Take a look around. There's segregation all over this world, and it will never leave. Gays and straights. As an example, I went back to my high school today to meet with an old Trigonometry teacher. I took a peek inside the lunch room and it was the same as it was last year. All the blacks sitting together. All the "preps" sitting together. All the Gothic people by themselves in their own little dedicated corner. It hasn't changed and I don't believe there's a very high chance of it changing in the future.

All I can say with confidence is that the coming years are going to be very interesting...

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!