I was pretty pissed to see that UT passed their anti-gay marriage ban, too. Here's my take on it:

1) Since it's discriminating against gays, the law-makers decided to make it look fair and add in some clause against common-law marriages, too. It passed only because the people saw "Gay Marriage" and got scared. Not enough consideration was taken into the other clauses.

2) Too many people confuse being gay as being perverse. Newsflash! Every gay man that walks by you didn't just check you out, and doesn't want to hump you! Our manly insecurities are blinding us.

3) The stuff about other special interest groups jumping in is BS. Do you think poligamists really think it's right, or are they just horny?

4) The worst part about this fu*(ing ammendment is that it's now written into law that it's legal to descriminate againts someone because of their sexual preference. Rights have been denied based solely on sexual preference.

5) Edit: I'll remove this for the time-being.

Ok, I'm done ranting for now.

Last edited by Derk2000; 11/04/04 05:56 AM.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.