Frankly, I don't know why the government is involved, at all. Why does the gov care about a religious sacrament?

I'm all for powers of attorney and legal partnerships. If I want someone to have legal say over my medical care, or bank accounts, or whatever, I need to talk to a lawyer.

"Marriage" is meant to be procreative. Sorry guys. The "Gay Marriage" dog doesn't hunt.

As for the Christian Right, and their battle to "save marriage." I think we lost that battle when the Anglican Church accepted contraception back in, what, 1930?

For you homosexuals out there, I wouldn't worry. You enjoy an incredible rate of cultural shift--one that no other "minority" has ever seen. "Gay Marriage" or not, I think within a few years there will be no difference, in the societal mindset, between gay people living monogomously and re-married divorcees.

Confused?

"What God has joined, let no man put asunder." Divorce is a no-no, but, furthermore, the man who then seeks relations with another woman commits adultery--a mortal sin, no more or less severe than if one man "lies down" with another. In either case, you're going to Hell (if you read it that way.)

Yet, hardly anyone bats an eye at the 50% divorce rate, (vs the tiny percentage of gay people). And, therein lies the great hypocrisy.

Me? I'm Catholic. I'm against homosexuality, adultery, and all forms of sin, but I'm no angel, either. And I have no more problem with gay people than I do with deaf people. Frankly, I'm conflicted on a number of issues, and I don't think there are any easy answers in this one.

Sorry for the ramble.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998