Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
B
B
Had a close look at the Yamaha 3.0 in the late, lamented Taurus SHO. It uses an upper IM similiar to ours. If you look at the feed from the t-body to the L&R plenums it's a nice, gradual curve. I gather that packaging restrictions caused ours to be a sharp turn(s). I'm thinking that it might make more sense to cut apart the upper, and reprofile the passageways from the inlet to the plenums. It would be way cheaper than sending it to Xhone, and my guess is it would be much more effective too. Plus, I've got 2 spare upper IM's.

Oh yes, the SHO motor uses the plenum connector/variable valve arrangement as discussed earlier.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradness:

Oh yes, the SHO motor uses the plenum connector/variable valve arrangement as discussed earlier.

isn't the Yamaha/SHO upper IM also made of several pieces conected by flexible tubes and hose clamps?

If you have spare IMs why don't you do this, make it more similar to the SHO IM.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
F
F
I'm telling you guys ... a fully mandrel bent fabbed intake laugh

Best Regards,

Trevor Cole

New Edge Cougar Forums
B
B
Yes the SHO upper is a whole lotta' pieces clamped together with flex tube. A tubular upper like the 5.0 GT40 intake would look and flow great-IMHO. Who's going to fab it though?

I've got a kinda' crappy res pic of the t-body spacer. I'm just figuring out the "how-to" post it with my text. It's coming...

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
D
D
Quote:
I've got a kinda' crappy res pic of the t-body spacer. I'm just figuring out the "how-to" post it with my text. It's coming...

woo hoo...

{img}http://location of pic{/img} where {} = []

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
B
B
I think I got that part right, but the shot is on a floppy, not on a website. What to do?

D
D
Quote:
I think I got that part right, but the shot is on a floppy, not on a website. What to do?

E-mail it to me and I can post it for you...

PM me if interested or just get my email off my site (at bottom)

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
B
B
I already PM'd you!

W
W
What if we do try to fab an upper IM with plastics? If we can look for plastic tubing and thick sheets to cut the flanges from then perhaps we can create a 'tuned' IM. It's probably too much work right now though, I've enough to do already.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
B
B
I like that idea. You'd need to re-utilize the cast IM entry and the lower portion where the bolts attach. Then put the whole thing together with silicone hose and clamps!

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard