Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
B
B
Your idea about joining the 2 plenums opposite the t-body has been discussed at much length in the past. Sorry, I don't recall what title it had but the discussion went something like this. To do this mod properly you must incorporate a valve which can open/shut at XXX RPM's. Someone chimed in who had prototyped such a system on the original Duratech and there were NO gains with it. I don't have a handle on the search thing but this topic is from 2001, if you want to try and find it.

I'm going to do the lower install first and butt-dyno test it. Then I'll add my t-body spacer. If all goes according to plan the lower will be on this weekend.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:

Jsmith: I am intrigued by both of your ideas. Since you must be an airplane mechanic, can you fabricate the items in question?

I'm sure I could bend up the tube to fit, but as for the tig welding, I need more practice, I tried a few months ago and got electricuted and burned real bad. The arc went to my hand instead of the metal!!!! OUCH
needless to say I now have a fear of TIG.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradness:
Although it's a little rough, my spacer is fabbed from 3/4 AL plate with a taper bore and splitter top and bottom. As soon as I get the digicam I'll post the pics.

let me know how this works out. have you tried fitting your spaced yet? did you have any clearance/fitment problems with the TB being moved 3/4"?

I am interested in seeing pics. perhaps I can make my own or work out a deal where you make one for me, I'm sure at least a handfull of others would be interested as well.

whats your opinion on using a lesser conductive material than the aluminum, I saw someone post phenolic, but there are other materials as well such as nylon or polycarbonite (lexan) This would reduce heat transfer through conduction, although radiation and convection would still be an issue. I imagine most of the heat movement is through conduction.

What would be the effect if the upper IM were made of plastic rather than aluminum. I think I mentioned this before.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
D
D
pics pics pics laugh

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
W
W
I want one of the spacers if its any good. wink
By that I mean construction quality and at least looks similar to what I want to design.
I might have some stuff to trade, maybe one of might 1-touch open sunroof control modules or some engine parts.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
B
B
Warmonger: My prototype spacer is a bit rough, I figured I'd get something run off quickly and improve/tune from there. The only hold up I have is that my photo equipment is 35mm negative film. I can borrow a digicam, but probably not until the weekend. Then I gotta' figure out how to post the pics here.

In terms of trades, I'm looking for a first gen SVT (single pass Xhone) upper IM. Figure there must be someone out there who upgraded to a double pass upper now that BAT is selling them at a reasonable price.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
W
W
Sorry, I only have my own manifold which I'm keeping. I will have 3L parts and a perfect condition 2.5 SVT block, which I wouldn't trade just for a spacer. wink

I am open for other suggestions though.

warmonger

Check them out at
K
K
Like Demon said. PICS please.

If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
B
B
They're coming, they're coming (pics).

Warmonger: Nope, don't need a spare 2.5, got 1 of those already. Are you installing 3.0 valves in your heads?

W
W
Yes, I checked today and the 3L vavles are going in for sure! The intake valve seats are definitely able to be re-cut to accept the 35mm valves and still retain the correct installed height. The exhaust valves require new seats, but there is plenty of metal so no reinforcement is required. I've been over this before.
I pick up the heads tomorrow afternoon and widen out the intake passages accordingly. Then I take them back for lapping and cleaning. So I should have my heads completely assembled and ready to install by next friday. Yeay!!
The 3L heads are for sale though.

warmonger

Check them out at
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard