Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
M
M
This is great info. Was wondering if anyone is still working on the splitter to go between the tb and the plenum.

98 EO #587
Currently Dirt Jumping
B
B
Hey Warmonger, I wish you and I had of exchanged this info. earlier. I removed the well plugs holding the spring loaded rubbing blocks, then drilled, reamed and tapped the wells for 5/16 plugs. I fooled around trying to get those damn things back down, but to no avail. Anyhow, I'm ready to put it all back together but wanted to take pics first.

Did your linkage line up? On mine the 2 shafts/plate assembly opened approx. 85 degrees and 95 degrees from horizontal. A little bending on the linkage and some grinding on the stop and I was able to get it all working properly so full open both sides are 90 degrees. That angle finder just paid for itself!

Yes, I have a prototype spacer/splitter made up. Soon as I borrow the digicam I'll post the pics.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradness:
Yes, I have a prototype spacer/splitter made up. Soon as I borrow the digicam I'll post the pics.

Oh Goody!!! laugh

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
M
M
Bradness, Thanks for the update. Let us know if you feel any gain. Dyno or butt. Also interested in purchase if it comes out with desired results. laugh

98 EO #587
Currently Dirt Jumping
W
W
I didn't have any trouble that I noticed, but now that you mention it I will pay close attention and check the blade position. Perhaps by pulling the spring loaded pressure thingy you allowed some play to enter the linkage. Then correction would be necessary. It may be that there is some up/down motion on both shafts that was being compensated by them. I will let you know what I find.
One other thing. I have come up with a cool idea of a variable fuel pressure regulator that will change FP as RPM changes. Read the complete post in "lower Intake" thread and let me know what you think of it.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Work can be done in all of the areas you mention BUT the one you didnt is the one I think can give the most gain.If you notice on the intake when the throttle is at WOT the intake air almost 'dead heads' against the back of the intake manifold

ooh, ooh, I have an idea and no one has mentioned it yet. add a tube in that connects both ends of the IM (opposite side from the TB) not exactly sure how it works, but it does. Every high performance or "expensive" engine that uses a IM similar to the duratech I have ever seen incorporates this.

Just whip out you TIG and wled on say a 3/4" tube right off the end of the upper intake manifold to connect both ends together.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
If you notice on the intake when the throttle is at WOT the intake air almost 'dead heads' against the back of the intake manifold

now what if the TB were spaced further from the IM, and a conical shaped "difuser" similar to the one on the tip of the stock SVT air filter were attached to the back of the IM to allow air to more smoothly make the 90 degree turn.

It could be simply milled out of a block of aluminum. Then on its base a aluminum stud threaded in and welded to prevent this block from turning loose and bouncing around in the manifold, and the rear of the intake manifold could be drilled and tapped to accept this stud, instination will be just thread it into the IM through the TB opening and then the stud wlelded on the outside to seal.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
B
B
Warmonger: Nope, mine's a 95 & there's no spring on the linkage. Just the usual sloppy Ford workmanship. I've spent lots of time tuning/synchronizing multi carb engines, so I figured I better check the synchronization. I expected it to be off.

JSMITH: Although it's a little rough, my spacer is fabbed from 3/4 AL plate with a taper bore and splitter top and bottom. As soon as I get the digicam I'll post the pics.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
W
W
Brad, that explains it. As far as the spacer, man I want one. What do you think of jsmiths idea of putting the tube on the back of the manifold?

Jsmith: I am intrigued by both of your ideas. Since you must be an airplane mechanic, can you fabricate the items in question?

warmonger

Check them out at
W
W
Another thought on that, can you just pull the casting plugs from the manifold and use a mandrel bent steel tube and press fit it in? That would be reversible if it didn't prove useful.

warmonger

Check them out at
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard