Quote:
Originally posted by Bradness:
Warmonger: Can you post proper measurements for all the stuff you've got? I have extensively measured both upper and lower IM's, non SVT. Please post the inlet and outlet measurements (although I'm more interested in outlet no.'s).

BTW-The non SVT lower IM has a cast in "2.5" on the bottom. It uses 1.25(32mm) throttle plates and (if I've got this right) it's the same on all Duratecs until the E1 went to a 3.0 lower. Outlet diameters are 1.125 (28.5mm) primary and secondary.

Ok, I have all the measurements except the heads since they are in the shop still. Here are all the measurements taking into account the variation from port to port:

SVT figures from 1999 model manufactured in October of 1998 with return style fuel.

SVT upper:
inlet=67mm outlet primary=30.5-31.2mm
outlet secondary=32.8-33mm

SVT Lower: (has "2.5" cast in it)
inlet Pri.=33.5mm outlet pri.=32.7mm
inlet sec.=36mm outlet sec.=34mm

1999 3.0L duratech(less than 1k miles)
upper:
inlet=63.75mm
outlet :(there are only 6 oval shaped runners, one for each cylinder with a divider right at the end that splits the air into primary and secondary.)
outlet pri.=30-30.3mm outlet sec.=31.8-32mm

Lower: (has 3.0 cast in it.)
inlet pri.=33.4-33.5mm outlet pri.=32.75mm
inlet sec.=35mm outlet sec.=32.75mm

Throttle bodies:
Both throttle bodies have "3.0" cast into the back. They are identical castings except there is an idle air passage on the one from the 3.0L. Both have 60mm diameter (outlet side).

Thats everything I have for now, I will take measurements of the head port diameters when they come back. I did preliminary measurements but didn't write them down. I also measured the valve offsets in each head and I found that they are identical. This means that each head has the same distances between the centers of all four valves. I took a picture with the micrometer held on each head and showing the center-center distances. When the roll of film is done I will develope it and post pics. This is to prove once and for all (for 1999 at least) that the 3L valves fit and only require seat modifications, no special reinforcement stuff. In fact, they look like they are from castings that are almost identical. It should be no problem to remove the extra "shrouding" on the 2.5l heads in order to make it look and act more like the 3.0L heads. Will also lower the peak compression ratio a little and help with detonation.

Hope this helps you bradness, and everyone.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726