"The longer runners in the 2.5 are better at producing torque..."

Better at what? Relative to what?

The 2.5 upper plenum makes more torque then the 3.0 what is so hard to understand about that statment? -Jason

"...the shorter runners in the 3.0 are better for hp."

These two statements imply that there is no relationship to horsepower and torque...AMONG other things. :rolleyes:

I think you need to go back and check the post again. - Jason

Why would anyone want to give up the low rpm torque benefit of the 2.5 manifold by going with the 3.0 manifold which doesn't have short/long runners?

I think you need to go look a few 3.0's. - Jason

The SVT lower had larger secondaries than the 3L lower secondaries, and the svt lower primaries were the same size as the 3L lower primaries.

I never said anything about the lower. I specifically said UPPER plenum. AND the 3.0 DOES have the larger lower, check your facts, the post 99's came with 3.0 lowers - Jason

End result, no benefit in going with the 3L upper or lower if you already have svt manifolds. Smarter to just widen and smooth out all the passages that you can on the SVT stuff, and then retain all the benefits of the short/long runners.
Just my opinion after all.

Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one, but where do you base your opinion? Obviously not in facts since you don't even know that the 3.0 has 2 sets of runners.

14.6 out of a 12 valve 3.0 Taurus
A wise man once said, rather then watch a girl wrestle I would rather see her box.