What about cutting a slit (that runs logitudinal with the engine)in the bottom of the manifold that is about .25" or whatever thickness wide, and long enough to run to the wall of the manifold behind the t-body. You could fabricate a plate shaped however you wanted that would fit snuggly up into the slot and create the divider that you are looking for. It would make fabrication and mounting very simple, then you could weld it from the bottom and make it an integral part of the manifold. Before you weld it in you could keep shaping it until it fits the inside contours almost perfectly, and has the clearance for the t-body blade. If a spacer was still desired it would be nothing to fabricate.

Someone let me know if this idea came through correctly, I'm hyped up on pain killers since I hurt my back, but it sure looks good from here.. cool
Sh*t, I might just try this one myself. I've already got 6 hours into widening and reshaping the upper and lower manifolds while I'm waiting for my heads in the machine shop, this wouldn't add much more work.

warmonger

You can call me anything you like as long as it's nice.(all lies accepted)
99 Silver Frost SVT. #226 of 2760
Engine: 3.0 power!
Unique Stuff: Sunroof control module (#1 of 9)
Car Audio: Loaded and loud!
Check them out at
http://home.earthlink.net/~twilson1726