Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
T
T
My shop is at around 71 deg F !,thanks for the offer ,if I need to do some 'hot climate' tests during winter I'll PM you ,Thanks.TH

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie SVT:
A 1/4" spacer, and that's it, no divider? Will that even do anything - Terry?
I fail to see how anything that thin would make a difference.

A spacer would not make a difference by itself (metal anyway)

However you will easily need to move the TB more than 1/4" away from the proposed divider to clear the throttle plate at WOT. So a spacer will be needed. I highly recommend something that does NOT transfer heat. (so no metal) A spacer big enough the stock studs may need to be swapped out as well. Plus adjusting the length of the remaining intake assembly.

For the splitter I was thinking a thin aluminum plate (2mm) and stamp cut the divider in it.

Run a bigger TB to help out since the intake opening is larger... laugh

2000 SVT #674 - Check it out!

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
D
D
what about cutting out a half circle into the splitter, to make room for the throttle plate? might reduce turbulence that way, too

2000 Silver SVT #1602
Check it out in the registry!
Mi Coche
B
B
Hey, maybe it won't work, but gotta' start somewhere. I'm willing to run that risk, and all others can share in my experience. Try sourcing a piece of 1/2 inch AL plate-I happen to have .25 handy.

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
T
T
The Duratec has huge potential for producing power....I guess the key is just finding all the hidden horesepower in an engine!

What about smoothing out the stock MAF and letting air flow through there a bit smoother?

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"
B
B
OK, I took a look at a stock t-body to verify the location of the throttle shaft. It's approx. 1/2 inch from the upper IM mounting face. Assuming (hate that word) the SVT t-body is the same, a spacer would need to be at least 5/8 thick to allow the throttle plate to open fully. Yes, I was planning to include a splitter in this whole assembly. Back to the drawing board!

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.
D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by Bradness:
Yes, I was planning to include a splitter in this whole assembly. Back to the drawing board!

My same dilema last summer.
Why I shelved it for my winter intake mods when I will be modifying intake length before the TB and have both intakes off as well!

I also know what you mean about getting a suitable spacer piece. My best effort to date is 2x 1cm phenolic block spacers. Not pretty but should work with some gasket material.

Whoever coined the phrase; "If it ain't broke; don't fix it" ~ Just doesn't get it...
F
F
What about a velocity stack type intake ... that should work very well in conjunction with this TB Space/Director and/or Dual TB.

Best Regards,

Trevor Cole

New Edge Cougar Forums
B
B
I machined a spacer out of 3/4 thick AL plate. It's still pretty rough and needs more work. My plan is to make a seperate splitter and TIG it to the spacer. This will take time to do correctly (not to mention all the other stuff on my plate)! My experience with phenolic spacers is that they do very little-don't forget heat is transmitted by radiation, convection and conduction.

D
D
Ah, but I happen to have access to nice thick phenolic pieces... wink laugh

3/4" AL plate... Where's you scrounge up that... smile

I thought about welding it, but I don't, so that ended that right there... (not very well anyway) That's why I went with the thin AL plate idea with the spacer on top on it. Besides it's a lot easier cutting through then metal. I don't have a line bore machine, wink just a modified drill press.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard