Bradness, I read all that before. But IIRC isnt the MAF upgrade one of the better mods for a Mustang? I think the stock design sucks, with a 65mm throttle body it WILL have less flow area - guarenteed. The bar shaped stock center pilar is for noise reflection/reduction not optimal smooth flow (the Pro-M is significantly louder, at least til I added the custom airbox). It DEFINATELY (and I do not say this often or lightly) worked for me. Before the 12HP gain varified on the dyno, I had said it was more noticible on the butt dyno (which I personally put less faith in than you I know) than the Bassani, the Y-pipe, or the K&N. Dyno only varified what I suspected. Now, this gain could be explained by having a MAF meter calibrated to the K&N filter (so they work together optimally). The stock meter is not calibrated to work with aftermarket filters, but perhaps with the Apex-i this could be taken care of. Also, it made the great difference in throttle response, much better.

Anyway, I dont sell the thing and feel free to dismiss my analysis, though beyond the chassis & Butt dynos, I do not know what more evidence I could provide. But that primer you sited also mentioned the risks of modding stock MAFs, and not just removing the center pilar.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM