Don't know if it's still there but ProM or ProFlow or whatever they call themselves now had a great primer on MAF's on their website. Although I printed it off, I don't have it handy but I shall attempt to summarize as best I can remember. As long as the MAF is bigger than or equal to the t-body, there's no point in going bigger except to lighten your wallet. They had a size chart with flow area comparisons after deducting the space taken up by the sampling bar on a stock Ford 70mm MAF, or sampling tubes on their units. This very same MAF was used on the 94/95 5.0 Mustangs. What was their rated HP? 215 IIRC. Surely, it's not necessary to upgrade to a bigger MAF on our cars until you've exceeded this no. I know the newer MAF's are made out of plastic, but mine is AL and was easy to improve upon. NO, I didn't cut out the sampling bar, but I will say it flows better from a quality and quantity standpoint now.

To get back to the original thought, why not machine an AL spacer, c/w integral splitter? Install it between the t-body and the upper IM. You'd need studs for mounting purposes, but I've already sourced those. Before I go off to the Machine Shop, let me ask-Am I getting warmer, Terry?

Technical Director/Co-Owner Performance Fords-check out our new throttle body service
95 SE with lots of custom 1 off mods. All design, fabrication and installation by owner.