Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Update:
Donnie has received four money orders so far, and those eyelids will be sent out tomorrow. He was in the process of moving and sends his apologies for the delay.

I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
this sucks. he got my money order but it was damaged and nobody will cash it. now i have to send another one. never trust the post office when they say "just mail it". this drops me wayyy down on the list.

1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour MODS: Some.....always more coming
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I would like to point out that you guys should really focus on the clear coating. Remember, these are on the front of your cars, so they will see debris in various sort.

In a two stage paint (basecoat/clearcoat) process, the base coat is for color only, the clear is what will supply the gloss and protection. It is to be sprayed until it is uniformly coated, but don't go overboard.... you can only have a certian MIL thickness of primer, base and clear in the end and still have a durable product. Spray too much and it'll take a bit longer to fully cure and easier to chip in the long run. I would also spray a let down panel, so you know how many coats of base coat it'll take to match your existing paint.

I try to spray as little primer and base coat to allow the bulk of the total amount sprayed to be clear coat. That way you can spray more clear for added depth and ability to cut and buff it to an absolute mirror.

I painted my eyebrows on my headlight lense. After "cutting and buffing", you can't even feel where the paint starts and the paint ends

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
idahosvtc, that sucks! He knows you are sending him another MO., so I'm sure he'll have your set ready when he receives payment.

Thanks Swazo for your comments on painting/clearcoating!

W
wa2tuff Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
My money went out on Oct 21st, nothing yet. Anyone get anything yet? Maybe I'm too anxious, maybe not, I'd just like to know.

I'm startin to get irritated. It's been almost a month since I sent the MO and still no eyelids. Anybody else get their's yet?

Last edited by wa2tuff; 11/16/04 07:54 PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
nothing here either. my MO got screwed up i guess and he wanted me to send another fifty bucks to him. i asked remix if the guy could send me the old one back first. that was like 2 weeks ago. no reply or anything. im getting irritated too.

1999 Tropic Green SVT Contour MODS: Some.....always more coming
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I last contacted Robyn on the 7th of November, she advised me that Donnie was sending the eyelids out the next day.
I would think that in those 9 days we should have started to received them.
I'll write to her tomorrow and inquire again. Let ya know what I find out.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Well, I wrote to Robyn right after typing the above post and asked her to let me know which sets of eyelids were sent and when they were sent. I haven't received an answer.
Now what? Anyone have any suggestions?

N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Robyn lives across the hall from me so I'll go bug her to talk to Donnie and see what the Hell is going on.

W
wa2tuff Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by NewPowerRadio:
Robyn lives across the hall from me so I'll go bug her to talk to Donnie and see what the Hell is going on.

Thank you!

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard