T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
Both of my cars do it, 97 SE and 98 SVT, just turn the key twice

My 98.5SVT did that, too.

So does the V-DUB.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I'm gonna go turn the key twice and see what happens... ...nothing.

Last edited by ChattavegasSE; 10/26/04 02:51 AM.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
My acura did that. I think its a safety feature that it doesn't do all four doors. Think about it for a moment, what if you were a young woman in a dark parking lot, maybe you just want to unlock the one door get in and lock the door. Otherwise the other three doors are accessible and may be closer to an attacker. I got that from my sister.

ATX MTX swap, rear drum disc swap, drilled rotors, ported intake, optim throttle body, CAI, 7.5L MAF, adj. fuel regulator, longtube headers, underdrive pulley, no EGR, low inpedence bigger injectors, 2002 Focus Swap
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 96mercury:
My acura did that. I think its a safety feature that it doesn't do all four doors. Think about it for a moment, what if you were a young woman in a dark parking lot, maybe you just want to unlock the one door get in and lock the door. Otherwise the other three doors are accessible and may be closer to an attacker. I got that from my sister.

Same reason that some (most) keyless entry systems nowadays have you press once to unlock the driver's door only and press again to unlock all doors. A nice feature. I don't know about you guys but if I'm in a sketchy lot at night I lock the doors while in the process of entering the car - the lock button seems to be positioned just right for reaching at that angle

I'm curious as to why some people's cars can unlock all doors with the key, I never knew it to be a Contour feature. Did you all have aftermarket alarms that added it or something? The feature would require an electric signal from the key turning to unlock all doors, seems to be more expensive than is worth it.
Also, was it "turn once and the drivers' door unlocks and turn twice and the rest unlock" or "turn once and all unlock"? (The latter would explain possible glitches or crossed wires in the locking system, the former is, well, sweet that you had it!)

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
I'm gonna go turn the key twice and see what happens... ...nothing.

2005 Nissan Sentra Spec V
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
My '99 doesn't do it either.

I'm surprised this feature exists on some models and has never been discussed before.

I want this feature! since I don't have keyless

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Tauruses do something similar, our 96 does it, and my sister's 99 does it as well. Except on those you turn the key once and it just opens the driver's door, then bring the key back to the vertical position, and turn it again quickly and all the doors unlock.

I know there's plenty of taurii in the junkyards, perhaps if some of you really want it, hit up one of them...

...and i just checked my mystique, and it definitely does not do it.

Last edited by amarv12; 10/26/04 06:39 PM.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Everyones' car who does the double unlock, do you also have the factory keyless entry?

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
My 94 Ford Probe has the keyless entry and also unlocks both doors when you turn the key twice. I'm not sure about my SVT, I haven't tried that yet. I know that my 96 Contour SE doesn't unlock all the doors when you turn the key twice and it does not have keyless entry.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
I had the factory Keyless entry.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard