Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by JasonJ:
so, if i've already had synchro work and such on my transmission, id be better off just using the MTL then using the ATF?

yes and no...as long as you used ATF 3 for the first 500-1000 miles for breaking in, then switch to MTL...Synthetic is not a good break in fluid for our cars.

Lupe

Full synthetic is factory fill starting very early in the 2000 model year for the MTX75 in Contiques, Cougars, and Foci.

It has been suggested that it would be beneficial to change fluid before 1000 miles after an overhaul. If you do so, it would be somewhat wastfull for what the synthetic costs and thus the suggestion to use ATF+3 for break in and then drain it out with any metal particles and then use synthetic.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by Roz 1999 SVT-C:
Originally posted by JasonJ:
so, if i've already had synchro work and such on my transmission, id be better off just using the MTL then using the ATF?

yes and no...as long as you used ATF 3 for the first 500-1000 miles for breaking in, then switch to MTL...Synthetic is not a good break in fluid for our cars.

Lupe

Full synthetic is factory fill starting very early in the 2000 model year for the MTX75 in Contiques, Cougars, and Foci.

It has been suggested that it would be beneficial to change fluid before 1000 miles after an overhaul. If you do so, it would be somewhat wastfull for what the synthetic costs and thus the suggestion to use ATF+3 for break in and then drain it out with any metal particles and then use synthetic.

Jim, if i remember correctly, when i rebuilt my transmission, Terry Haines said i should use non-synthetic for proper break in...DemonSVT said they same thing in a post about a year ago or so...Thats why i suggest what i said...it has worked for me....besideds...none of thes tranmissions are avaiable new any more(unless you count the focus...but new is expensive)...so the ATF 3 could be considered a good guildline to follow for breakin on a rebuild.

Lupe

Last edited by Roz 1999 SVT-C; 10/26/04 12:33 AM.

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard