Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Not a bad choice at all!

In the sporty Sedan category with room for 5 and a decent sized trunk your choices were slim.
What else did you consider?

Why did you pick the Altima?

Congrats on the new car.

So what you pay?
Trade in Value?

And hows it drive compared to the CSVT?

Signed: Another long time CSVT owner looking for a change

Oh, I paid 29k for the capitalized cost of the lease value, minus 3000 for trade-in on the SVT. The SVT needed work, so I knew I wasn't going to get much more than that on a trade with 85k miles on it. My lease payment is just under 300/month zero money down.

Best Regards, HitchHiker 05 Altima SE-R - smoke, 6-spd - Fujita CAI Best stock times: 1/4: 14.366 @ 98.99MPH - 2.366 60 ft 1/8: 9.373 @ 79.84MPH - 2.366 60 ft
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
That is a great choice for CSVT replacement as its better in everyway, congrats!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Thats sick dude!! I'm surprised with all the options it has, but not the navi..?

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Quote:

General
General Contour, Mystique, and Mondeo discussions

this should be moved to Pics/Videoo.

But on the other hand, Lower that car!! nice rims, wish Nissan woudl change the tail lights, its a bit old now. They were cool when they first did it. Now its old and over used. Nice looking car. Were sad to see you go.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Awesome choice. Congratulations on the new ride. Definitely will have to keep us up to date on it.

99 Black Contour SE Sport
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Shut that traction control off and launch it properly!

I wanna see some burnouts and nice straight black lines. I wonder if the Altima has the same wheelhop problem as the CSVT does, because my neighbor has one and when he dumps the clutch, all he gets are tons of little black squares as opposed to black stripes.

Very nice choice though, the Altima is one of my favorite cars. Maybe even ahead of the 6.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by ODC:
Congrats ! :thumbsup:

A bit overpriced, and I don't like the that VQ35, but its a nice car nonetheless (nice rims).

Wow! I disagree with almost everything said here! Not much that can touch this car for the money!!! Great looks, great handleing and The VQ engines are considered to be one of the best engine designs ever!!! I love your choice. By the way, The 3.5 Altima will Eat any Contour alive that is not "HIGHLY" modified!!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
that needs to be droped!

other then that nice

98 contour svt #6473 of 6535
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by cjbaldw:

A bit overpriced, and I don't like the that VQ35, but its a nice car nonetheless (nice rims).

Not sure I understand you here. What about the VQ35?

There's tons (I mean tonnes) of G35's and 350Z's running around Vancouver. Lots of richkids modifying them too, and everytime I hear that engine at WOT, it sounds like a dying mule being flogged. Not particularly revvy either, but that would be alright if it made it up in gobs of torque, none of that.

I don't understand "best engine designs ever" either ? Why ?

It's a nice car, but for the money I'd probably get something else (off the top of my head, the new Legacy turbo, Mazda6). But I'd never spend that much on a new car. If I'm still in Vancouver in two years or so, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking at a used Mazda 6 GT Sport 4cyl.

That's just me however, enjoy the car man !

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
a stock G35 exhaust is one of the nicest sounds i've ever heard....

Originally posted by cjbaldw:

Not sure I understand you here. What about the VQ35?

There's tons (I mean tonnes) of G35's and 350Z's running around Vancouver. Lots of richkids modifying them too, and everytime I hear that engine at WOT, it sounds like a dying mule being flogged. Not particularly revvy either, but that would be alright if it made it up in gobs of torque, none of that.

I don't understand "best engine designs ever" either ? Why ?

It's a nice car, but for the money I'd probably get something else (off the top of my head, the new Legacy turbo, Mazda6). But I'd never spend that much on a new car. If I'm still in Vancouver in two years or so, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking at a used Mazda 6 GT Sport 4cyl.

That's just me however, enjoy the car man !

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard