Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Chris Hightower looked into way long ago, the MK VIII piece is lit using Mercury Vapor, and i think he was going to attempt it or something or maybe ran into issues, i dunno i can't remember, perhaps search .

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I saw a tour the other day which had been rear ended...
and the rear reflector was busted up,
looks like there is plenty of room.
Why not a sheet of EL GLo material? MIght be expensive though.

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
mecury vapor or El Glow paper sounds expensive....might be well worth it thought b/c i think this mod would look REALLY good.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by chill1110:
mecury vapor or El Glow paper sounds expensive....might be well worth it thought b/c i think this mod would look REALLY good.

Mercury vapor was actually not bad. I think I got the thing made for $20. Getting a transformer for it is something I haven't looked into too much.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
el glow paper is like $20 for like a index card size (i thought), and what is mercury vapor?

i saw this on a buick the other night, and i just had to drive behind the slow gramma to get a good look at what it looked like. also, it didnt light up when she stepped on the brakes, would you guys want it to? or just always stay dimly lit?

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I was just thinking like a circuit board to fit just inside the reflector that had the entire surface covered in LEDs. Then just wire them in parallel and tap into the license plate lights and/or third break light (spoiler equiped) for the electric source.

W
weasel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
W
If my wife leaves me the car tomorrow, I think I'll take the reflector off and see if I can think of something ... I wonder if one of those slim neon's or led light bars would project enough light ? If there's space to mount them at the bottom of the reflector and aim them up ...

98 Mystique GS V6 - K&N, projectors 91 Mustang LX 5.0L 00 Jetta TDI, Yay, I bought it !! 95 VW Getta TD - RIP: Nov.3,2005
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Booger:
I was just thinking like a circuit board to fit just inside the reflector that had the entire surface covered in LEDs. Then just wire them in parallel and tap into the license plate lights and/or third break light (spoiler equiped) for the electric source.

that would be one hecka lotta leds! lol. it would look good though. could you make a circuit full of leds to make a brake light?

WTB: Andy's Auto Sport front bumper only... a chip for my 98se
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
It just depends on what you wire them to. I don't know if you can vary the output of them by varying current or volts, but if so, wire them to both the 3rd and tails and have them run and get brighter with the brakes.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i think it would definatly look good working as a 3rd break light as well as lit dim for parking lights so it would match the rear tails. IMHO i think this is the only way to go. In fact, if this becomes a reality, I might think of disconnecting the stock 3rd break light and only use the rear reflector as the 3rd. Having both the factory 3rd and the reflector all lighting up at the same time might take away from the asthetics of the mod (i.e. too many breaklights). Someone needs to figure it out though b/c it would make the back of our cars look really good.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard