Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Thanks all. I will most likely go with a car that gets good MPG especially with prices topping $53 a barrel now....

Lisa thinks its also the best route to go. Now....which car to go for. lol.
I really like the Mazda 3 but I may want to wait for the new Cobalt to take that out for a spin.
Oh - and the Scion tC - the dealership near my house should be getting the 5sp. shortly (right now only automatics).

My sister is close to buying a new Mazda6 with the same salesman that I worked with, so I may be able to work something out with him if we promise him two sales instead of one.

Pappy - I'll definately keep that in mind - Thanks!!

Thanks everyone - keep your input coming - I like hearing what everyone else is thinking.

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Pappy reminded me of a discount that I am able to get through CVS for GM products. I looked around and was able to price out a Chevy Colorado (only 2WD, not 4x4) extended cab with a few options (automatic) to about 18,500. with 1.9% financing for 60/mo or 0.9% for 48/mo.

These trucks (2WD with Auto) get 19mpg city and 25mpg highway. That's not too bad....Keeerist....What the hell...Why can't I just make up my mind!?!

Hugo ------ 98 SVT - 53k mi - SOLD 04 Mazda3 S 5-Dr
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i'm leaning more towards the shitbox truck, myself.

find a 1990-1993 Saab 900 Turbo hatchback with a 5 speed manual and beat the hell out of it. will hold as much as just about any SUV on the market today, probably more. you'll get nearly 30 MPG every time, and the turbo is Fuuuuu-UUUUUUN.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
with the vehicle market being what it is , my brother took a hit when he sold off his dodge ram. I bet you can get a nice used truck that is 4x4 for decent money. In regards to owning a house and those issues, you have to think about truly how often you will use the truck. If its only occassional use it sounds to me more of the type of thing you would buy if it were a "perfect world". don't forget you can rent a cargo van for 20 bucks a day so if you know you need to go by a bunch of home improvement stuff, just rent a truck from uhaul (i think they rent pickups too) and go get what you need 50 bucks for a weekend rental 6 times a year beats paying 250 a month for a payment for something that you really don't need

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard