Originally posted by GregDawg:
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I have had underbody lights for over a year now. Yes, they are gorgeous and I loved mine. Then, I hit a snow drift, one gone. Must have kicked up a rock and the back one stopped working, 2 gone. Got in car accident, 3 gone. Now I only have one left and I plan on taking that off and putting it in my trunk. They are nice butn even with being extrememly careful like I was, they break. It doesn't matter if they are Street Glow, Optx, or any other brand. I'm not trying to steer people away from underbody lights, just letting people know what happened to me and probably happens for many others.

With neons, yes, stuff like that happens. I broke all of my neons. Thats why I switched to LEDs
With the LEDs, they are alot more durable and last longer.

4 weeks ago I was T-Boned and the light didn't break. I was hit right above the back of the LED Tube and they worked great.

When I put my front lights on, I used tie wraps and I used some thin ones for the front right side. The tie wrap broke and the light hit the ground and drug for about a 1/4 mile. Guess what, the light still works and you can not notice a thing happened to it. if you would like, I will post up the light with where it drug on the ground.
And if anyone is wondering, I have a 2002 eclipse with eibach prokit lowering spring and KYB AGX adjustable shocks. My car is only about 3 inches off the ground. and I have now had 2 sets of underglow LED kits and not one tube went out or broke. I got rid of my blue because I started selling the million color kits so I hooked my car up with them.

- Steven