Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
A little pricey by my standards. Bset best is to go to your local welding supply store and buy 1/0 or 2/0 welding cable. It's all very high strand count and flexible. Plus it's cheaper than the audio companies versions. Only drawback is for those wanting colors and such it only comes in black or occasionally solid red.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Only drawback is for those wanting colors and such it only comes in black or occasionally solid red.

well I would want it to look stock so that would work well in my case if i do this

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
To overcome dimming of the headlights you may also want to increase the size of the wires to the headlights.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Something I didn't ask before was when do the lights dim down?

If your alternator is old you might need a new Diode pack?
Or perhaps what you need is a better performance alternator?

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
A little pricey by my standards. Bset best is to go to your local welding supply store and buy 1/0 or 2/0 welding cable. It's all very high strand count and flexible. Plus it's cheaper than the audio companies versions. Only drawback is for those wanting colors and such it only comes in black or occasionally solid red.

Rick

Welding cable does not have the same strand count or quality of wire. It is a cheaper alternative though.

If you want the cleanest and maximum amount of current flow use the best wire you can.

The wire I posted is specifically made for automotive power & grounding applications. It only comes in 2 colors. Red & Black.
Also it's not that expensive at $2/foot for the 1/0. It's amp rating is insane at 15 feet.

{edit}
DAMN I just realized I posted the wrong link!
{/edit}

http://www.starkelectronic.com/supwire.htm

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
B
The stuff I'm buying is high thread count similar to what you've posted. I'm not using the low thread count stuff.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The stuff I'm buying is high thread count similar to what you've posted. I'm not using the low thread count stuff.

Excellent then.

I checked the online sites for welding cable info and found some decent stuff but not very high strand count comparably.

I could use some of the 1/0 or 2/0 for my battery relocation plans.

Any part numbers or places to get it???

I'll probably stick with 2 gauge (AK) for rewiring under the hood. (since the length is short)

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
B
I've been getting my stuff from Linweld Welding supply up here. Probably best to call your local welding gas shop and see what they've got on hand.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard