Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I didn't say anything about voting for Kerry. I'm voting for Badnarik because my young naive liberal tree-loving mind likes his ideas.

And I forgot to mention the part where we exchanged machine gun fire with secret service and brought down the Rebulican housewives in a giant pudding wrestling match. And then a bunch of hot girls so how politically active I was and wanted to have sex with me, but I had a date with a Douglas Fir that I didn't want to be late for. And I would like that Sierra Club sticker, because hardcore liberal activists love our stickers.

1999 Black SVT "If I were an admin I'd ban you without a second thought. " ~Trapps
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I thought the sierra club was an off road group?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Fat Mike:
I didn't say anything about voting for Kerry. I'm voting for Badnarik because my young naive liberal tree-loving mind likes his ideas.

And I forgot to mention the part where we exchanged machine gun fire with secret service and brought down the Rebulican housewives in a giant pudding wrestling match. And then a bunch of hot girls so how politically active I was and wanted to have sex with me, but I had a date with a Douglas Fir that I didn't want to be late for. And I would like that Sierra Club sticker, because hardcore liberal activists love our stickers.

uh, I'll have what you're smoking.

maybe you should find those girls who will sleep with you to vote for Kerry.

F THE VOTE!!

former owner, 95 SE MTX 02 Ford Explorer
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
My point is, I can't believe the threats we received for protesting.

Yeah. I don't believe them either.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Yesterday was AWESOME! Mrs. Bush herself decided to stop at my college and give a speech! It was so awesome! Except to listen to her speech, you had to sign a waiver saying you were a Republican and were going to vote for Bush...

Anyways, I helped coordinate a protest to be held by the building where she was to speak, and it went a little something like this...

Noon: About 20 students show up in our homemade t-shirts that said "One-Term President" and had a picture of Bush on them and made our way over to the building. We are confronted by several Bush supporters who happen to be middle age women and get into a heated debate with them, explaining our right to be here to protest because 1) It's our school and 2) First Amendment. They tell us why there is no such thing as seperation of church and state and explain to us why homosexuals are immoral and going to hell (Measure 36) and how Marijuana is a dangerous narcotic (Measure 33). Several nonstudent protesters saw us and came over from their designated protest area to give us support. Some Vietnam vets took over our debate with the middle-aged christian housewives and a gentlemen who had two purple hearts explained to her how Iraq is BS.
12:30: Campus security comes up to us and tells us we are not allowed to protest in this area and had to move to the other side of the campus. We refused, once again citing the fact that it was our school and have the constitutional right to peacefully assemble. Finally, after a dozen or so security personal show up, we move further away from the building.
1:30 p.m.: Mrs. Bush's speech gets out and hoards of her supporters march out of the gymnasium building. We were told to "get jobs" even though I already work 50 hours a week and take a full load of classes, and barely have time to take a sh*t. Then a nice young Rebulican approached us and told us to "go f*ck some trees you f*cking tree huggers"
1:45 p.m.: Security creates a line between us and the Bush supporters and tells us we should leave. However, we refused citing our previous reasons. They even threatened to expell us if we didn't comply. So of course we didn't comply and they backed off due to the large number of media present.
3:30 p.m.: After finally leaving school, I drove out to a forest and f*cked trees all evening because that's what people who don't support Bush do in their free time since we don't work.

I look forward to the whitty comments you all are going to come up with in regards to this and then the following forum pissing contest. My point is, I can't believe the threats we received for protesting. We can't even see our first lady despite the fact that she's on our campus, and were apparently freedom of speech doesn't apply to publically owned property.

Thanks for sharing you're story with us. I would ask that you please acknowledge the fact that an equal number of people from the opposing point of view have had similar experiences. Have no fear, you are not alone. Wrong in you're assumptions, but not alone.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I thought the sierra club was an off road group?

Now thats funny...hahahha

2005 Nissan Sentra Spec V
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very Liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which he expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs.
Based on the lectures that she had participated in and the occasional chat with her professors, she felt that for years her father had obviously harbored an evil, even selfish, desire to keep what he thought should be his. The even distribution of wealth as proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth, and she indicated so to her father.

Her father stopped her and asked her point blank, "How are you doing in college?"

She answered rather haughtily, "I have a 4.0 GPA." She then went on to let him know that it was tough to maintain and that she studied all the time and never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. She said that she was taking a more difficult curriculum than most of her friends.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your good friend, Mary, doing in college?"

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by. She barely has a 2.0 GPA and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies. Mary is so very popular on campus. College for her is a blast. She goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

The father then asked, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0.
That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA. Certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of the GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's not fair! I worked really hard for mine. I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Trapps:
A young woman ...

That allegory is incorrect.

Sharing your GPA is not the same as sharing wealth to provide basic human neccessities to everybody in America.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
LOL, It's a joke! But, in my opinion it's not far off the truth.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard