I didn't say less light than halogen. I said typically more glare. Yours may not have more glare since Cougers have projectors with a cutoff shield in them, but CONTOURs have reflectors, and WILL cause more glare than before when you times the output by 3x and give the lightsource a different shape (i.e. long skinny filament to fat gas chamber). And it's a fact that 8000k are not as bright as 4100k so let that part rest. 8000k are escpecially worse performance in the rain. And that's a fact. I tried 6000k Philips Ultinons (around 2650 lumens) once in my Audi projectors for a few weeks and I took them back out in favor of the old 4100k bulbs because in the rain, the 6000k were terrible for seeing the pavement (escpecially blacktop). And it's a given, that 8000k are going to be worse than 6000k, because the output is shifted that much higher in the spectrum, farther away from the center of the visible spectrum that humans see in

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s