Originally posted by chongo:

Your reasons listed for selling the car is based on usual up and comming maintenace not severe breakdown. I'm asking for advice based on everyone's experience.

Not true. I haven't decided to sell it yet, and my fear is that the car will have a severe breakdown.

Quote:

In my opnion a peel out and a burnout are 2 different things!

If I don't even peel out, one can reasonably extrapolate that I would not do smoky burnouts either.

Quote:

I only answer from what's in this thread. I don't jump around the whole board, trying to find all your other posts reguarding problems you might be experiencing.

You would've had a hard time finding other posts since this one was the first one I've made since I came back!
(I'm sure it would have helped to know severe problems might be evident, yes, but also I mentioned several severe problems the contour is known for, so...)

Quote:

I read the post the first time, by the sounds of it, you've made up your mind already, so sell it.

If I'd made up my mind, I wouldn't waste anyone's time!

Quote:

I answered very politely in my first post and based that post on the information you gave me.

+
Quote:

Wow your gonna sell your car over what all cars need.
I wouldn't think brakes, shocks or taking you car in for an oil change and get your chasis lubed at the
same time would be a reason to sell........

The latter quote (and first response) I would not consider to be polite. I do not think this is a "crazy" question.

Listen, I'm sorry to waste everyone's time, I thought perhaps I could get input based on experiences you've had, but I can see I'm just going to get nitpicked into oblivion. ah well, such is life!
/will still check this thread for a while, in hopes someone is out there with an ....