Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Because the MSDS setup is designed to work as a whole unit. Take part of the unit away, you void the warranty.

Originally posted by tropictour:
Why will it void the warranty? Just wondering.
-tropictour

Ryan Trollin!
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I'm not trying to be a PITA, but unless I can't read I can't find where this question was answered in this thread. I see where someone else (NVSVT) asked a similar question earlier, but the question went unanswered. Thank you for clarifying.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Hdbngr8:
I'm not trying to be a PITA, but unless I can't read I can't find where this question was answered in this thread. I see where someone else (NVSVT) asked a similar question earlier, but the question went unanswered. Thank you for clarifying.

Sorry about that. I guess it was from the previous thread asking about interest. This is a direct quote from SVT-PETE which I believe sums it up pretty well.

"I don't understand why so many are going without the MSDS y-pipe, when it's dyno proven to put down more hp than the SHO-BAT y-pipe. Plus you lose your warrantee from MSDS.

I've had MSDS + SHO y-pipe and went to MSDS + MSDS y-pipe and the gains were noticeable.

=Here are some dyno #s=
MSDS + MSDS y-pipe = 183.12 hp 161.45 torque
MSDS + "high flow" y-pipe = 175.62 hp 154.06 torque"

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I am getting mine Jet-Hot coated. I want to know if I can ship thethe headers and Y-pipe to Jet-Hot from MSDS? Just to save on some shipping charges.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Nope.
I am getting mine Jet-Hot coated. I want to know if I can ship thethe headers and Y-pipe to Jet-Hot from MSDS? Just to save on some shipping charges.
-tropictour

Ryan Trollin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Nope.
-tropictour

Well damn. How does the MSDS ceramic coating hold up?
-topictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
K
K
how can i register to get these headers!?

Marty from MSDS said i had to print out sum kind of order form?

and yes.. the any coating on headers will wear and tear in time.. this is just due to the amount of heat rushing through it.. but the coating is there to keep the heat in.

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Thanks! That's exactly the information I was looking for.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
K
K
good thing to know tho..
These headers wont go to hell on you... Not in youtr lifetime anyways.. they wont be as good as they were when u bought it like in 5 years.. but they will be liftime.. dont worry about that

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
*sigh*

I must, very regretfully, withdraw from the group buy. I was driving dad's ZX2, and the clutch blew to hell. since I was driving at the time, and I gave it the push to hell, I'm paying half, which is still almost 500 bones. I'm not paying all cause, well, I never drive it and I'm sure he's the one who messed it up in the first place. needless to say, my "header money" has been depleted. I apologize if this really screws up the group buy, but it seems like you still have enough participants to make it worthwhile.....*maybe next time*

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard