Originally posted by NVSVT:
I am going to get my MSDS headers and Y-pipe without the ceramic coating and then I am going to send them to Jet-Hot for coating. The finish that I selected is their "Sterling" silver, but they have many finishes available including a "Cast Iron Gray" (that should fool any inspector) and a "Matte Black". Just go to www.jet-hot.com and submit a cost estimate form for the finish you want. Don't forget to put down that you are a CEG member in the "Where did you hear about Jet-Hot" box as they have special pricing for CEG members. In fact they quoted me $125.30 for coating the headers (inside & out) + $10.50 per foot on the pipes. Shipping and handling is also additional. Jet-Hot also has a 3-year unlimited guarantee against chipping, peeling, cracking, discoloring and rusting and any new parts get a lifetime rust through warranty. Don't let the standard finish scare you away from getting 20 more (dyno proven) HP.

We had a very successful Group Buy with Jet-Hot during the summer and it appears that Chris is extending the 30% group discount I was able to get for the group buy to CEG members thanks a bunch Chris!!! The cost will still be around $200 for the Jet-Hot coating with the headers being $125 and the Y-pipe around $60-$70, plus shipping. In the long run you will not be sorry you spent the extra $$$ for Jet-Hot. If you decide to pull them off and sell them a few years from now they will still look the same and you will have no problem getting fair money for the headers and y-pipe. If you keep the car you will have the confidence that you will not have to replace them for a VERY long time.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew