Not a matter of speed, it's a matter of WEIGHT!

Bet that comment has you turning but no, I'm not talking about physical weight, I'm talking the weight of the odds. As I live in CA these would be illegal for me. Though probably ever so slight, the odds would be higher that a smog inspector might notice some white polking through some gap and look at it more closely than he/she would if they were black. PROBABLY no big deal, but if you have had to deal with our inspection system over the years, best not take that addtitional chance which might result in having to rip them off and return to stock just to pass smog. I actually shouldn't have considered them in the first place, me being the law abiding citizen that I am!

BTW, there are people that have the headers here in CA (lowbudgetracing one) that have not had a problem getting smogged, but weighing the work involved to replace them in the event I were so unlucky to get caught far outweighs any advantage of putting them on in the first place.

'99 CSVT with stuff '99 Miata 10th Anniversary 90 Toy 4x4 '02 Road King '97 Sportster