Anyone who has problems with traction in bad weather should start by looking at their tires and there driving habits.

Whipping the rear around on FWD cars happens only in a few situations and all are caused by excessive speed. If it happens during bad weather, it's the driver or in some cases bad tires.

I have gotten the rear of my car to slide, but I do it controlled on a sharp turn in the dry. Not in bad weather or with other cars around.

When your rear comes around and snaps back the other way of of control, that is poor driving, whether it's speed or throttle/brake control.

Everyone keeps switching back and forth with between foul weather driving and spirited sunny day driving. Anyone who thinks whipping the end around on a RWD drive car in the snow safe, is nuts.

Two winters ago my roommate and I were going to work on a very snowy day in his 88 TB TC. Going straight he tapped the throttle to get up a slight incline and the rear came around on us on a 4 lane interstate and we went coompletely sideways before he recoverd, luckily just clear of traffic. A FWD car would not have done that, the tires would have spun a little but would have gotten traction before getting out of control.

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?