Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Or you could wait until you're 30 to get your degree.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'll be 30+ by the time I get mine
Originally posted by Davo:
Or you could wait until you're 30 to get your degree.

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
It's a good thing most employers take into consideration our work experience, as I probably won't have my degree for another 2 years.

As for reasons/excuses/whatever you want to call it, nobody has to justify themselves to me. A date was proposed for early June as we thought it would work out best for CEG as a whole. When we found out that we'd be losing ~25% of SZ05 attendance due to the Ford Nationals Meet, that had to be taken into consideration. When planning a large(or so we hope it will be) event like this, we realize that no matter what dates we choose, it won't coordinate with everyone's schedule, so we have to shuffle things around for the largest turnout.

I guess it all comes down to whether the dates that we choose workout, and how bad everyone wants to come.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by auiotour:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
This is CEG so it's more fact than prediction that people will come up with lame excuses on why they can't come.

]

There is a few reasons I can't thank to the new dates. One I get paid the 15th and 30th, I make about 900 every two weeks, 800 of that goes to bills between the 15th and the 24th. My next paycheck is on the 30th. As of right now, after an accident and finding out my parents raised my insurrance detuctable to $1000. And the damage to their truck was estimated at $860. Now along with that, I still need my jackshaft which I am ordering in the next few days So I can drive my car again after its been on blocks in the garage and picked apart as I get the time with work working me so much. Now as for my second driver to help make the 2800 mile trip, he will be in school still when those days comes around. We both already took the other days off. He was told he can't take them off from work as someone else (the other manager) has already taken those days off 2 weeks earlier then the days he wanted off. I have no second driver, and I have a lot of money to pay my parents for backpay on rent. And I have yet to do the required transmission work on my car which will be another $1400 or so. If I don't get the transmission work I won't be coming. And now with the dates changed or being changed, this puts be on a hard spot of when I can come, if I will have the money and if I will have another person to drive with me. And the fact I would like to buy a indash dvd player with touch screen for this long ass trip which comes in at another $1000. Not sure I will be able to do it. I am already working 12-16hr days and getting overtime so I can make it. But its just not looking promising. So I hope that wasn't to lame of an excuse for you. I know some of us have reasons why we can't come, when we would really like to. I am still looking forward to meeting everyone in person and match some personalitys up to some faces. I have not given up on coming there but, I can no longer say 100% I will be there.

Not to be an ass - but here's a novel idea.....if you set up a savings account that you cannopt acces through your ATM card (so you aren't tempted to tap into it) and set aside $50 a month, for SZ, you would have $300 by the time it rolled around, which I would think would be enough to cover it, provided you went into sharing a hotel rooms with other CEG'ers.

This tit-bitof info can work for anyone claiming poverty!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
This is CEG so it's more fact than prediction that people will come up with lame excuses on why they can't come.

]

There is a few reasons I can't thank to the new dates. One I get paid the 15th and 30th, I make about 900 every two weeks, 800 of that goes to bills between the 15th and the 24th. My next paycheck is on the 30th. As of right now, after an accident and finding out my parents raised my insurrance detuctable to $1000. And the damage to their truck was estimated at $860. Now along with that, I still need my jackshaft which I am ordering in the next few days So I can drive my car again after its been on blocks in the garage and picked apart as I get the time with work working me so much. Now as for my second driver to help make the 2800 mile trip, he will be in school still when those days comes around. We both already took the other days off. He was told he can't take them off from work as someone else (the other manager) has already taken those days off 2 weeks earlier then the days he wanted off. I have no second driver, and I have a lot of money to pay my parents for backpay on rent. And I have yet to do the required transmission work on my car which will be another $1400 or so. If I don't get the transmission work I won't be coming. And now with the dates changed or being changed, this puts be on a hard spot of when I can come, if I will have the money and if I will have another person to drive with me. And the fact I would like to buy a indash dvd player with touch screen for this long ass trip which comes in at another $1000. Not sure I will be able to do it. I am already working 12-16hr days and getting overtime so I can make it. But its just not looking promising. So I hope that wasn't to lame of an excuse for you. I know some of us have reasons why we can't come, when we would really like to. I am still looking forward to meeting everyone in person and match some personalitys up to some faces. I have not given up on coming there but, I can no longer say 100% I will be there.

Not to be an ass - but here's a novel idea.....if you set up a savings account that you cannopt acces through your ATM card (so you aren't tempted to tap into it) and set aside $50 a month, for SZ, you would have $300 by the time it rolled around, which I would think would be enough to cover it, provided you went into sharing a hotel rooms with other CEG'ers.

This tit-bitof info can work for anyone claiming poverty!

the way my car was eating gas, i was getting about 13mpg with the super charger. That means I would have to fill up about 15 times i think it was. can't remember how many miles it is out there. With gas prices now thats about $330 one way, nothing to eat, driving without stayin in any type of hotel on the three day trek. So I imagine with food were looking at 400-450. one way. then we still have motel for a few days which i can live with cheap or sharing no problem. and then dyno runs. event fee, food. Then another $450 back. So I am expecting to spend about $1000-1200 on this trip. I know you don't live far away but I do. I live across the country. I already have $500 in savings that I have to use and don't want to, to help fix my car its my car slush fund, and its being needed.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

the way my car was eating gas, i was getting about 13mpg with the super charger. That means I would have to fill up about 15 times i think it was.

Explain to me how a S/Cer is going to effect gas mileage that adversely if you're not putting the pedal to the wood? So you're stating your car is getting 13 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 80? If so your car has serious issues. Talking someone into coming is retarded but your excuses are lame.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
My advice. Sell the SC if you can't afford a modded car. Doing things as extensive as F/I your going to have to maintain and care for you car MORE. Esepcially at the age that our cars are getting at.

I think we need a seperate thread entitled "Spring Zing - My Excuse"
Originally posted by todras:

the way my car was eating gas, i was getting about 13mpg with the super charger. That means I would have to fill up about 15 times i think it was.

Explain to me how a S/Cer is going to effect gas mileage that adversely if you're not putting the pedal to the wood? So you're stating your car is getting 13 mpg on the highway with the cruise set at 80? If so your car has serious issues. Talking someone into coming is retarded but your excuses are lame.

Ryan Trollin!
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Guys, I for one am sick of the bashing going on around here. There's always going to be a reason or excuse someone can't make it. Let it go, it does nothing but drag this entire thread right through the crapper if you guys continue to argue stupid pointless things like this. If it continues I don't see why a mod shouldn't lock it and then we'd have to start a whole new thread. If he makes it great, if not, it is his loss. Are we done arguing about this stuff?

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Guys, I for one am sick of the bashing going on around here. There's always going to be a reason or excuse someone can't make it. Let it go, it does nothing but drag this entire thread right through the crapper if you guys continue to argue stupid pointless things like this. If it continues I don't see why a mod shouldn't lock it and then we'd have to start a whole new thread. If he makes it great, if not, it is his loss. Are we done arguing about this stuff?

Rick

Long live the CEG/SZ die-hards!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1057473 12/01/04 09:54 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M

1. BeyondloadedSE
2. Y2KSVT
3. Buckshot77
4. TheStripedSVT
5. Stazi
6. NorMich99SE
7. MapOfTaziFoSho
8. Rara
9. Shaggy
10. Trapps (troll)
11. SVT PETE (fugger beat me to it)
12. ElKy
13. mikey boy
14. brapple
15. LoCoZs/c
16. I-Dom-In-8
17. WRX Barge (troll as well)
18. TheGreatOne (probably will be a troll by then)
19. Xkontour98 ( will try and bring both tours!)
20. Airforce
21. frenchblueC2
22. Cobra (I can vote for him since we'll be there together)
23. bnoon (redneck troll)
24. todras
25. MxRacerCam (maybe with a troll in tow)

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard