Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by auiotour:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
This is CEG so it's more fact than prediction that people will come up with lame excuses on why they can't come.

]

There is a few reasons I can't thank to the new dates. One I get paid the 15th and 30th, I make about 900 every two weeks, 800 of that goes to bills between the 15th and the 24th. My next paycheck is on the 30th. As of right now, after an accident and finding out my parents raised my insurrance detuctable to $1000. And the damage to their truck was estimated at $860. Now along with that, I still need my jackshaft which I am ordering in the next few days So I can drive my car again after its been on blocks in the garage and picked apart as I get the time with work working me so much. Now as for my second driver to help make the 2800 mile trip, he will be in school still when those days comes around. We both already took the other days off. He was told he can't take them off from work as someone else (the other manager) has already taken those days off 2 weeks earlier then the days he wanted off. I have no second driver, and I have a lot of money to pay my parents for backpay on rent. And I have yet to do the required transmission work on my car which will be another $1400 or so. If I don't get the transmission work I won't be coming. And now with the dates changed or being changed, this puts be on a hard spot of when I can come, if I will have the money and if I will have another person to drive with me. And the fact I would like to buy a indash dvd player with touch screen for this long ass trip which comes in at another $1000. Not sure I will be able to do it. I am already working 12-16hr days and getting overtime so I can make it. But its just not looking promising. So I hope that wasn't to lame of an excuse for you. I know some of us have reasons why we can't come, when we would really like to. I am still looking forward to meeting everyone in person and match some personalitys up to some faces. I have not given up on coming there but, I can no longer say 100% I will be there.

Not to be an ass - but here's a novel idea.....if you set up a savings account that you cannopt acces through your ATM card (so you aren't tempted to tap into it) and set aside $50 a month, for SZ, you would have $300 by the time it rolled around, which I would think would be enough to cover it, provided you went into sharing a hotel rooms with other CEG'ers.

This tit-bitof info can work for anyone claiming poverty!

the way my car was eating gas, i was getting about 13mpg with the super charger. That means I would have to fill up about 15 times i think it was. can't remember how many miles it is out there. With gas prices now thats about $330 one way, nothing to eat, driving without stayin in any type of hotel on the three day trek. So I imagine with food were looking at 400-450. one way. then we still have motel for a few days which i can live with cheap or sharing no problem. and then dyno runs. event fee, food. Then another $450 back. So I am expecting to spend about $1000-1200 on this trip. I know you don't live far away but I do. I live across the country. I already have $500 in savings that I have to use and don't want to, to help fix my car its my car slush fund, and its being needed.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.