If you can do this, I will certainly be interested in one. That being said, I too thought of this a while ago. When I started measuring and really looking at things, I came to realize that (as scott said) the movement is very little and there is actually overlap in the area where the lever itself travels. To try and explain: Think of where the lever is while shifting into first and third, and the left and right sides of the lever. When you slide the lever into first, the right side of the lever overlaps where the left side of the lever goes for third.....make any sense? By all means look at it yourself and see if you can come up with somehting, I have the B&M and maybe it would work with the stocker or somehting. The only 2 options I saw were to either create a raised platform (I didn't think that would look too hot) or to do a simple hole. I went with the latter and currently have it on my car, unfinished, in stainless steel. best of luck.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.