I was going to go to this but I have an out-of-town commitment. Good chance my wife will be there in my mustang, it's too good a deal to pass up. $135 is an incredibly good deal and you can count on tons of track time plus excellent instruction if you need it. And get this: $100 if you're an SVTOA member! Track Guys does a supurb job of accomodating all levels of experience and they're good people. Here's the info, from Track Guys co-owner and SVTOA Chief Instructor Jeff Lacina:

-------------------------------------------

Quote:

Once again, Track Guys will be conducting a ONE-DAY performance driving clinic as part of LightningFest 2004 (National Lightning Owners Association), Sunday, September 26, 2004 at Heartland Park Raceway, Topeka, KS.

As of yesterday (9/6) there are ONLY 13 people signed up for this event! (Small event = LOTS of seat time!)

HERE is your chance to get a one-day, performance driving school for JUST $135.00! (Typical BMW or Porsche club events at Heartland Park run anywhere from $150 - $180/day...).

This event is open to ALL MAKES AND MODELS OF cars and 2WD trucks (sorry, no 4x4 or SUVs).

Go to the following web page to download/print and mail the required registration forms;
http://www.lightningfest2004.com/opentrack.php

What do you get at a Track Guys performance driving clinic?
* Driver's Meeting (rules of the event)
* Classroom instruction (rules of physics)
* Short autocross course to help you refine your "precision driving" skills
* Threshold braking exercise
* Your own in-car instructor to help you get the most out of your day on track.
* At least 4, 20-minute on-track sessions
* Rides with Instructors in their cars (so you can see/feel how it should be done)
* Driving skills that CAN help you on the street in everyday driving situations
* Personal satisfaction of learning skills that will separate you from the other 95% of the drivers on the highway when it comes to skills and abilities.
* And a WHOLE lot of fun!

PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have about this event.

Hope to see you at Heartland Park on Sept 26th!

Jeff Lacina
Track Guys Performance Driving Events
913/927-3740 (cell)

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion