I still wanna see somebody swap a duratec into a zetec

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
just a quick ? whats your bill up to so far on this atx-mtx project? i was thinking of doing the same project. as soon as i got my car, (seeing as its my first) i didnt know how to drive stick, so i got auto, now im just dissapointed with it. id rather get a mtx seeing as its just plainly put, its more fun to drive hehe. ~thanks in advance~

1998 Ford Contour SE sport 2.5L DOHC 24v Silver exterior, midnight blue interior Clarion pro audio DXZ435 head unit 2 12"audiobahn's in bandpass box, with pioneer amp http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/654133
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
got the parts car for $600

$650 for the torsen w/ bearings pressed on

thats really about it

now im fixing other stuff, like got the alternator rebuilt, and gettin some new sensors and fixing stuff i rigged.

bottom line i *could* do the swap for $600 and make some of that back selling parts i dont need

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You should be sleeping. Sat. is going to be a long day.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Static:
I still wanna see somebody swap a duratec into a zetec

If I could afford the Duratec, engine frame, all wiring, and then redo my exaust at school, and PCM, I could do it

Cant be that hard

Oh then many minor parts such as thottle cable, well i got traction control so the stupid thing for that.....

Id do anythin to get my hands on a good SVT Engine, and install that in my 95 GL
"You wanna race me in my stupid fugly ricer car, but thats only a Contour Grandma Lugger!"
"Ok, ill race you (legally ) *Shift to 3rd gear* (Also id be installin a MTX too ) "Oh where the hell is he?? *look backwards* Oooooooooh! There he is Damn thats so far behind "

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
figures that my battery takes a crap on me today, apparently my alternator had a short in it which shorted the battery. now i had to buy a new alternator and battery, so there goes around 200 clams. looks like ill have to save another month or too to afford the atx --> mtx swap. hopefully i can get someone like you russell to do it heh, cuz i sure dont feel like getting (censored) over with labor costs. ~later~

1998 Ford Contour SE sport 2.5L DOHC 24v Silver exterior, midnight blue interior Clarion pro audio DXZ435 head unit 2 12"audiobahn's in bandpass box, with pioneer amp http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/654133
R
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
today i installed the radiator in the car, the headlight panel onto the car, and the crash bumper onto the car. the headlight panel and crash bumper were destroyed a while ago, so i put the good ones from my parts car on.

i pressure washed the engine and tranny, painted the valve covers, re painted my headers (they are ceramic coated but i like the black look)

i also installed the torsen into my tranny. i was surprised how easy it was. on a scale of 1-10 id say the isntall difficulty was a 5.

the clutch from my parts car is pretty much useless, i was hoping to use it until spring, cause then i can afford a spec clutch and flywheel.

does anyone have a used clutch with a decent amount of life left in it and would sell it cheap? svt prefferably but ill take any! just gotta last till spring

well heres the pics!

painted the clutch pedal, it was kinda rusty!

crash bumper and headlight panel installed on car

radiator installed in car

me spraying degreaser on the engine

me pressure washing the engine

me going crazy with the pressure washer

half of the tranny

inside of the tranny

old stock pegleg POS differential. it accually is in very good shape!

torsen!!!

painted headers and y-pipe

engine without valve covers

torsen inside tranny

fully assembled tranny with torsen installed

another shot of the engine

painted valve cover

next day that i have off im going to install the clutch pedal assembly, and the shifter assembly. im also gonna mod my roll resistors with the 94A urethane. next payday ill buy the 4 o2 sensors i need, then drop the engine back in. monday im picking up my rebuilt alternator

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
damn man, you've really learned how to do alot of work on your car in the past year...I'm very impressed!

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Its [censored] nice... I wish i had the money, place, time to do that....

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
D
CEG'er
CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Its [censored] nice... I wish i had the money, place, time to do that....

well he may have the money and time, but definately not the place. seems like you're making the best of your work conditions. very impressive man!!

*I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumbass www.fast4doors.com
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard