Originally posted by livinsvt:

Those specs will work, but I prefer more camber and you should have no problem with tire wear provided everything is in shape and proper maintence, i.e. checking tire pressure 1-2 times a week and keeping up on rotations, provided you don't have directional tires. Which if you do I don't recommend rotating with a fwd vehicle, usualy causes problems down the road.

I agree on the negative camber and believe it contributes greatly to the cars handling characteristics. I really hate to reduce it and that is the reason I waited so long to buy the c/c kit. The conservative -0.25 deg is because I want to end the wear problem once and for all.

â??should have no problem with tire wearâ? is what Iâ??ve been telling myself since the car was new. It came from the factory with directional tires and Iâ??ve also try an asymmetrical design as well. As far as rotation goes, Iâ??ve mentioned previously that I dismount and remount the tires twice a year to have a new inside edge again.

Big Jim,

I was playing around with the adjustments in the driveway last night. Iâ??m curious if you know the range of this kit? I still haven't determined if slight adjustments affect the caster/camber that much, or if it takes a decent rotation to effect things. I did try one quick test to maximum positive camber and the car cornered like an old Buick! So right now Iâ??m only about the strut shaft thickness off of straight back with them. Too bad that Specialty Products didnâ??t design a measuring decal to stick on top of the strut tower.

2000 CSVT (#289 of 2150) 1989 Mustang GT