Well were getting some were. Out of curiousity, what size tires are you running, on the vehicle with the -1.5-, -2.5 camber?

Some what happy. But were starting to lean off the path. Good toe control is something we have no control over. Setting your toe and checking your componets for wear, are just maintence. OEM's spend hours on some very expensive and complex equipment, plotting toe/camber/caster curves for front and rear of the vehicle. Its pretty cool stuff and very complex. Camber control is the same way. Camber is and always will be a major tire wear angle and will effect tires. But there is alot of variances depending on strut/spring tuning, weight transfer and balance, tire size and compound. Problay one of the most asked questions in this forum is, "I just lowered my car and my inner tires are wearing out", hence camber. Toe is still playing effect as most people may not notice the feathering that excessive toe gives your tire. I have to say that I am surpised with some vehicles and how much camber they can run without wear. But on street tires, the Contour is not one of them.

Quote:

Put another way, you can mitigate a poor tire-wear situation by running conservative camber settings, but that's treating the symptom, not the illness, and it's not the camber that's causing significant wear

So this quote is not accurate. Depending on situation. Summary, get your car aligned every time change any suspension part, inluding tires. I can't stress that enough. On average people will get tire every 30,000 miles or so depending on the setup. Please just spend the extra $100, get your car aligned and make your tires last longer. You will thank yourself later.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net