I removed the top lense using a dremel tool. I guess i'll go ahead and spill all the info since i'm such a friggin nice guy!

The two lenses are quite close together, on the reflector side of the lamp, there is approx. a 5mm gap between the lenses, then on the tapered end it drops down to about a 2.5mm gap. What this means is that when cutting, you need to be VERY VERY careful, use a steady hand, and work with lots of light. I used a conical metal bit with my rotary tool.

The clear lense is attached to the housing, however it is not sealed airtight. Silicone needs to be used along the perimeter, then fill with water to check for leaks.

Also, this plastic melts easily, basically it liquifies. So take lots of breaks when demeling, let the bit cool off and remove melted plastic from the bit often! The temps can get very high, to the point where the clear lense can melt as well, then some of the red bonds to the clear, removal is a b!tch.

I learned all this the hard way, if i had another chance, i bet i could do a MUCH better job, oh well.

***I take no responsibility for any harm done to anyone's car/parts/body, always follow suggested safety precautions!!!***

GL

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=