Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by blake:
cool - glad to hear y'all made it back down there to find things relatively intact. how bad was the traffic on the way back? didn't get stuck in any of those 15 mph logjams, did you?

For the going up and coming back trips, we departed late night/early morning. It's a pleasure to have all 3 lanes of I75 to yourself at 2AM. Gassing up was drama-free on the way back, at least as far down as Ocala, where we parted ways with I75.

I95 traffic got a little tight on our final DeLand-to-Melbourne leg yesterday around noon, after visiting Ashley's folks. But it never crawled.

B. Riley Melbourne, FL '01 Camry LE V6/5-spd Was: '00 Black/Tan SVT Contour #560 - Sold 3/26/03 Before that: '95 Champ/Blue Contour GL V6 ATX
T
Historical Gator
Historical Gator
T
Sorry it took so long to post guys...just got power back on.

I rode it out here in town. Was not about to leave. I faced a few tough ones back i nthe day and had a safe shelter to go to, so we stuck it out. Helluva an experience.

We got hit hard as hell. Trees down everywhere in my neighborhood, power out, no cable, no water.

I work in Cocoa Beach and it was hit really bad. We ran on generator power until this morning when we finally got power back on at the store.

I lost power on Friday and have been without since. Just hoping this next one steers clear to give us time to clean up.

#1040135 09/09/04 02:19 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Although the house is fine (except for the minor damage & the electric being ripped away) my property has devastated. My big trees have all been ripped appart & twisted.

I'm at work now, & when I'm done I've got to put the starter into the Contour to get that back on the road. Then I'm gonna start the cleanup by borrowing my brothers chain saw & going to town on what's left of my trees. I should have everything in the yard wrapped up by Monday. Sad part is, yard waste pickup is Fridays for me. If the City doesn't come by after the weekend, all my yard stuff could get tossed around by Ivan.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard