Print Thread
Page 47 of 57 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 56 57
#1038478 09/01/04 03:14 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by arch:
After explaining my point several times, it still seems very clear that it is beyond your grasp.

No kidding, because we're not of low enough intelligence to see it from your POV. Thanks for making our point for us.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#1038479 09/01/04 03:18 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

Only problem is, some of your facts are made up. Fact: the chase at times reached 100 MPH, but in the quote above it states that the PIT was performed at 110. That is not established fact. Certainly, it was not performed at 35 or less, but watching the video, I highly doubt it was done at 110 either. Fact is, the chase was not at nor did it exceed 100 MPH during its entirety.

Further, there was never any proof that officers decided to use the PIT in that location because the next county would not allow it. State Police typically have superior authority to any county agency, and therefore the policies of the county would not apply to the GSP anyway, so your arguement is without basis.

Quote:

Officers in Georgia last week followed neither of the above. State troopers on Interstate 95 attempted to PIT a Nissan Pathfinder on Aug. 17 at speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour. Two people in the SUV died.

That was a statement GSP made to a news agency that I quoted. How you can say that it isnt a fact is beyond me.
Quote:

Fact is, the chase was not at nor did it exceed 100 MPH during its entirety.

I must've missed that fact. The cars on the highway are obviously doing 70+ and the GSP cars are flying by those cars. Its clear that they're doing at least around 100, just from the video.
Quote:

so your arguement is without basis.

Again you seem to be missing the point of my arguement and end up getting on small sentences within the arguement.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038480 09/01/04 03:21 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

The GSP says that the PIT was kosher. That's all that matters. You can go on and browbeat till the cows come home.

Oh yeah, ok. Because I dont think GSP would stand behind one of thier officers. I guess it all makes sense now. Just because GSP says so.
You're intelligence insults me.

On the contrary, GSP standing behind their officer is a clear endorsement that the officer was acting within departmental policy. If he was not, they would drop him like a hot potatoe in order to shield themselves of liability in the impending lawsuit. But then, I've already stated this in a previous post.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
#1038481 09/01/04 03:21 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by shotwell:

Who knew that both of them would die? It's an acceptable risk to save innocent commuters from getting slammed. Sorry if you don't agree with me.

Nobody KNEW they would die, but Its common sense. How they handled the situation was wrong.

Quote:

#1038482 09/01/04 03:23 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Why even bother responding to you.

Quote:

#1038483 09/01/04 03:26 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by shotwell:

Who knew that both of them would die? It's an acceptable risk to save innocent commuters from getting slammed. Sorry if you don't agree with me.

Nobody KNEW they would die, but Its common sense. How they handled the situation was wrong.

I couldn't disagree with you more. There is no faster way of getting that car off the road. I'm surprised they waited 60 miles. Must have tried other things first...

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
#1038484 09/01/04 03:27 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

Quote:

Officers in Georgia last week followed neither of the above. State troopers on Interstate 95 attempted to PIT a Nissan Pathfinder on Aug. 17 at speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour. Two people in the SUV died.

That was a statement GSP made to a news agency that I quoted. How you can say that it isnt a fact is beyond me.

That's not a part of a statement by anyone. That's an clip from the lead paragraph of a news article. Don't be a douche.

#1038485 09/01/04 03:28 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

I couldn't disagree with you more. There is no faster way of getting that car off the road. I'm surprised they waited 60 miles. Must have tried other things first...

They did not. Im not going into an arguement about that ethier.

Quote:

#1038486 09/01/04 03:30 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

That's not a part of a statement by anyone. That's an clip from the lead paragraph of a news article. Don't be a douche.

The news article said it was from GSP. But I guess they're wrong also.

Quote:

#1038487 09/01/04 03:31 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Only problem is, some of your facts are made up. Fact: the chase at times reached 100 MPH, but in the quote above it states that the PIT was performed at 110. That is not established fact. Certainly, it was not performed at 35 or less, but watching the video, I highly doubt it was done at 110 either. Fact is, the chase was not at nor did it exceed 100 MPH during its entirety.

Further, there was never any proof that officers decided to use the PIT in that location because the next county would not allow it. State Police typically have superior authority to any county agency, and therefore the policies of the county would not apply to the GSP anyway, so your arguement is without basis.

Quote:

Quote:

Fact is, the chase was not at nor did it exceed 100 MPH during its entirety.

I must've missed that fact. The cars on the highway are obviously doing 70+ and the GSP cars are flying by those cars. Its clear that they're doing at least around 100, just from the video.
Quote:

so your arguement is without basis.

Again you seem to be missing the point of my arguement and end up getting on small sentences within the arguement.

There are several articles on the internet detailing this situation, and only one of them that I've seen says that they pitted at 110. I believe that to be either a typo or deliberate error on the part of the journalist. Actually, I am more inclined to believe the latter.

Further, many truckers (of which were many of the vehicles being passed) do not do more than 60 on any interstate, due to company policy. Roehl, out of WI, is one such major CMVC that has a policy rewarding its drivers with a bonus if the do not exceed that speed limit for a given period of time. Therefore, you cannot judge the speed of the chase based on how fast they were passing normal traffic, as you do not know how fast that traffic was going, regardless of any speed limit in place.

And I got your point long ago, you simply want to be able to run.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
Page 47 of 57 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard