Print Thread
Page 46 of 57 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 56 57
#1038468 09/01/04 02:34 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by arch:
I had to get down to a level he would understand. If you couldnt see that, maybe you should re-read the posts.

I don't appreciate your insinuations that I'm somehow less than average intelligence. Your little potshots are getting tiresome.

#1038469 09/01/04 02:43 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
insinuations? lol. Ok, insinuations.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038470 09/01/04 02:46 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

You heard me.

#1038471 09/01/04 02:48 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Because I dont think GSP would stand behind one of thier officers. I guess it all makes sense now. Just because GSP says so.
You're intelligence insults me.

I've seen many, MANY instances where the Dept. did not defend individual officers' actions. It happens all the time.

What other VIABLE option did they have? Should they have waited until the Car Stopping Fairy showed up and magically stopped that car?

The cops did what they could, plain and simple. Unfortunately, people died. $#!t happens. That's part of running from the cops. You take your life into your own hands.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#1038472 09/01/04 02:50 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by PackRat:

You heard me.

even better, thanks

Quote:

#1038473 09/01/04 02:54 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by bishop375:
Because I dont think GSP would stand behind one of thier officers. I guess it all makes sense now. Just because GSP says so.
You're intelligence insults me.

I've seen many, MANY instances where the Dept. did not defend individual officers' actions. It happens all the time.

Wouldnt doubt it.
Quote:

What other VIABLE option did they have? Should they have waited until the Car Stopping Fairy showed up and magically stopped that car?

Asked and anwsered.
Quote:

The cops did what they could, plain and simple. Unfortunately, people died. $#!t happens. That's part of running from the cops. You take your life into your own hands.

Wrong. They did not do what they could.

Quote:

#1038474 09/01/04 03:00 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

And the GSPO is guilty of, at the very least, manslaughter.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You become dumber each post, why don't you just shut up with your rediculous 3rd grade insults on people that are far more intelligent than you. The officer acted well within departmental procedures. I, for one, am glad that these two wreckless idiots that endangered the lives of TRUELY innocent people on the roads, along with every officer that was involved, are off the roads perminantly. One post you made even went so far as to incinuate that their running was somehow okay and they shouldn't have been persued? You really don't realize how stupid this is right? What if those two people were running away from a homicide or some other crime that had yet to be discovered? Whether the cop was pulling them over for 1mph over the speed limit is a moot point. The FACTS are that when they disobeyed a lawful command by a police officer (displaying his overhead lights to initiate a stop) they commited a crime and were guilty of that crime right on the spot. Even if they weren't criminals before the lights went on, they were now criminals, BOTH OF THEM.

Until you have some real experiance with law enforcement you wouldn't understand how when a cop comes onto the scene of an unknown crime, everyone must be considered a potential threat. You stop and handcuff or detain everyone involved and THEN clear them of any wrong doing. You never know when the little old lady in a wheelchair could be carrying a gun and might want to shoot you for arresting her grandkids. (which happened to me on a ride-along one night on a drug bust that was initiated because of a broken tail light) You need to grow up and quit with your mindset that cops are around to take away your rights and want to kill people.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
#1038475 09/01/04 03:08 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
After explaining my point several times, it still seems very clear that it is beyond your grasp. Comprehend what I am saying, and then reply to it. Until then, I will be in awe at the dumbfoundedness that is being displayed.

Quote:

#1038476 09/01/04 03:11 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Police also learn to avoid using the PIT with certain types of vehicles, such as SUVs or large passenger vans. Vehicles with a high center of gravity easily roll when hit from behind.

Officers in Georgia last week followed neither of the above. State troopers on Interstate 95 attempted to PIT a Nissan Pathfinder on Aug. 17 at speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour. Two people in the SUV died.

Quote:

Originally developed by the Fairfax County, Virginia, Police Department, the PIT maneuver is taught as a low speed (less than 35 mph), precision technique, requiring a clear location and careful timing.

Quote:

Calling off a police chase doesn't necessarily mean a suspect is going to get away.

Quote:

Just because one officer abandons a chase doesn't mean another won't be on the lookout just down the road or knocking on a suspect's door a few hours later. But Tanner said the dangers of chases are too great to pursue suspects who may be wanted for minor crimes.

Can you honestly sit there and continue to tell me that Im wrong?

The relevance of Jasper county: Jasper co. was the next county the chase was going into. The chase ended less then 1/2 mile from the county line. The reason the PIT maneuver was performed when it was, is they couldnt do it in jasper county, which was the reason for the quote.

The officers actions were not the first/best choice that should've been made. The suv originally did nothing more than 11 over the speed limit, as far as the cops are concerned. To continue a chase across state lines, let alone 60 miles, for a speeding ticket... stupid (For both parties involved). MINOR OFFENSE. Them chasing the suv for over 60 miles, escalated the situation, and from then on, the suv did nothing more than what the cop was doing. The foundation of your arguement is null.

And just because I dont have a high post count, or everybody else is telling me Im wrong. Doesnt mean I am. I have given everything asked for. Proof and facts that reinforce my statements. And to tell me that Im still wrong? What the hell else do you want? I cannot believe the ignorance of these people. Im simply amazed that anybody even bothered to reply to my quotes. They flat out prove that you're all wrong. And by your replys, after the quotes, about one or two setences that may/may not be just, Further proves my point that you're wrong. You see that you're wrong, and you have to find the one sentence in the entire post that COULD have relevence to your arguement, if you wish to maniuplate it.

Idiot with big words? HA. I have never seen such stupidity, ignorance, insanity, illogicality, absurdity, irrationality, double talk, & balderdash, in my life.

The best part is, I knew I was right. And you told me, "NO, wrong, you have nothing to back that up". So I get FACTS To reinforce my statements. Further proving that Im right. So now I know that Im right, with facts to amalgamate with my arguement.

Keep going, you're making me feel better with every post. Thank you.

Only problem is, some of your facts are made up. Fact: the chase at times reached 100 MPH, but in the quote above it states that the PIT was performed at 110. That is not established fact. Certainly, it was not performed at 35 or less, but watching the video, I highly doubt it was done at 110 either. Fact is, the chase was not at nor did it exceed 100 MPH during its entirety.

Further, there was never any proof that officers decided to use the PIT in that location because the next county would not allow it. State Police typically have superior authority to any county agency, and therefore the policies of the county would not apply to the GSP anyway, so your arguement is without basis.

And remember folks, arch has already told us what his true motivation is here. He enjoys running from police for the pure adreneline rush. Thereby, he has demonstrated his immaturity and inability to grasp why the driver had a duty to stop for law enforcement. He simply wishes for a world where he can mash the gas pedal, to hell with the consequences, and get his thrills any time he so pleases. It pisses him off every time someone doesn't get away, because next time that could be him. He is one of those you see rubbernecking at accidents, causing traffic backups, and flocking to chases, adding even more danger to the situation, all while pointing the finger at police for "making the poor, innocent, motorist run". Bad cop, no doughnut, eh? lol.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
#1038477 09/01/04 03:13 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

So wouldn't you agree that they needed to be taken off the road as soon as possible?

Taken off the road. Yes, Agreed. ASAP? Agreeable. My arguement is it wasnt done correctly. And the GSPO is guilty of, at the very least, manslaughter.
The point to my arguement has yet to be realized. Even though it was stated several times.

Hate to say this bud, but I would have done the same thing. I'm not a cop, not nearly, but I can imagine what they have to go through. Getting that car off the road, like NOW, would be my biggest concern. Who knew that both of them would die? It's an acceptable risk to save innocent commuters from getting slammed. Sorry if you don't agree with me.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
Page 46 of 57 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard