#1038438 09/01/04 12:31 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

Termination of Pursuit

A pursuit situation will be terminated when:

1. Upon weighing pertinent factors, the gravity of the offense, and the prospect of loosing the violator will not balance with the hazards to the officer and to the public;

2. The environmental conditions, e.g., time of day, road conditions, traffic (pedestrians or vehicular), location and neighborhoods, and weather conditions indicate the futility of continuing;

Hmm... did it again.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038439 09/01/04 01:06 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

Police also learn to avoid using the PIT with certain types of vehicles, such as SUVs or large passenger vans. Vehicles with a high center of gravity easily roll when hit from behind.

Officers in Georgia last week followed neither of the above. State troopers on Interstate 95 attempted to PIT a Nissan Pathfinder on Aug. 17 at speeds in excess of 110 miles per hour. Two people in the SUV died.

Quote:

Originally developed by the Fairfax County, Virginia, Police Department, the PIT maneuver is taught as a low speed (less than 35 mph), precision technique, requiring a clear location and careful timing.

Quote:

Calling off a police chase doesn't necessarily mean a suspect is going to get away.

Quote:

Just because one officer abandons a chase doesn't mean another won't be on the lookout just down the road or knocking on a suspect's door a few hours later. But Tanner said the dangers of chases are too great to pursue suspects who may be wanted for minor crimes.

Can you honestly sit there and continue to tell me that Im wrong?

The relevance of Jasper county: Jasper co. was the next county the chase was going into. The chase ended less then 1/2 mile from the county line. The reason the PIT maneuver was performed when it was, is they couldnt do it in jasper county, which was the reason for the quote.

The officers actions were not the first/best choice that should've been made. The suv originally did nothing more than 11 over the speed limit, as far as the cops are concerned. To continue a chase across state lines, let alone 60 miles, for a speeding ticket... stupid (For both parties involved). MINOR OFFENSE. Them chasing the suv for over 60 miles, escalated the situation, and from then on, the suv did nothing more than what the cop was doing. The foundation of your arguement is null.

And just because I dont have a high post count, or everybody else is telling me Im wrong. Doesnt mean I am. I have given everything asked for. Proof and facts that reinforce my statements. And to tell me that Im still wrong? What the hell else do you want? I cannot believe the ignorance of these people. Im simply amazed that anybody even bothered to reply to my quotes. They flat out prove that you're all wrong. And by your replys, after the quotes, about one or two setences that may/may not be just, Further proves my point that you're wrong. You see that you're wrong, and you have to find the one sentence in the entire post that COULD have relevence to your arguement, if you wish to maniuplate it.

Idiot with big words? HA. I have never seen such stupidity, ignorance, insanity, illogicality, absurdity, irrationality, double talk, & balderdash, in my life.

The best part is, I knew I was right. And you told me, "NO, wrong, you have nothing to back that up". So I get FACTS To reinforce my statements. Further proving that Im right. So now I know that Im right, with facts to amalgamate with my arguement.

Keep going, you're making me feel better with every post. Thank you.

Quote:

#1038440 09/01/04 01:10 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

In b4 da...

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
#1038441 09/01/04 01:15 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A

Quote:

#1038442 09/01/04 01:19 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by arch:

Can you honestly sit there and continue to tell me that Im wrong?

Yes. You're a day late and a dollar short dipstick.

Quote:

The relevance of Jasper county: Jasper co. was the next county the chase was going into. The chase ended less then 1/2 mile from the county line. The reason the PIT maneuver was performed when it was, is they couldnt do it in jasper county, which was the reason for the quote.

That's policy followed by Jasper county local PD. Policies of the State Patrol supercede that.

Quote:

The officers actions were not the first/best choice that should've been made. The suv originally did nothing more than 11 over the speed limit, as far as the cops are concerned.

16 over smart guy, the speed limit in South Carolina is 70, not 75.

Quote:

To continue a chase across state lines, let alone 60 miles, for a speeding ticket... stupid (For both parties involved). MINOR OFFENSE.

They didn't know what they were running for at the time, dumbass. Haven't we been over this and over this?

Quote:

Them chasing the suv for over 60 miles, escalated the situation, and from then on, the suv did nothing more than what the cop was doing. The foundation of your arguement is null.

In your eyes maybe, and that counts for squat.

Quote:

And just because I dont have a high post count, or everybody else is telling me Im wrong. Doesnt mean I am.

You are wrong, you just happen to have a low post count to go along.

Quote:

I have given everything asked for. Proof and facts that reinforce my statements. And to tell me that Im still wrong?

You've given evidence that, while informative, isn't really applicable other than to demonstrate how OTHER POLICE AGENCIES HANDLE THINGS.

Quote:

What the hell else do you want? I cannot believe the ignorance of these people.

Lemme guess, you're a Democrat. Something about that statement seems to point that way.

Quote:

Im simply amazed that anybody even bothered to reply to my quotes. They flat out prove that you're all wrong.

No it doesn.

Quote:

And by your replys, after the quotes, about one or two setences that may/may not be just, Further proves my point that you're wrong. You see that you're wrong, and you have to find the one sentence in the entire post that COULD have relevence to your arguement, if you wish to maniuplate it.

Pounding your desk and shouting "I'm right" doesn't make it so.

Quote:

Idiot with big words? HA. I have never seen such stupidity, ignorance, insanity, illogicality, absurdity, irrationality, nonsense, & balderdash, in my life.

I suggest you go join ClubSi and see how long you last with your attitude.

Quote:

The best part is, I knew I was right. And you told me, "NO, wrong, you have nothing to back that up". So I get FACTS To reinforce my statements. Further proving that Im right. So now I know that Im right, with facts to amalgamate with my arguement.

Your "facts" have already been dismissed.

Quote:

Keep going, you're making me feel better with every post. Thank you.

You really need to get out more if this kind of thing makes your day.

#1038443 09/01/04 01:23 PM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L

Quote:

I suggest you go join ClubSi and see how long you last with your attitude.

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

nice democrat comment (touchy remark tho)

Jason 00 Audi S4, 2.7 Bi-turbo quattro 01 S10 Xtreme, 4.3l 98' Contour SE with some mods 96 Cavalier (beater)
#1038444 09/01/04 01:24 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Judging by the "OMG I'M SOOOOOOOOO RIGHT YAY ME" attitude displayed by a few members in this post I'm kinda surprised one of them hasn't resorted to

"NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA I BEAT YOU"

although it has gotten quite close to that. As funny as all of this is I can't believe it hasn't been locked yet.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#1038445 09/01/04 01:29 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Freakshow:
As funny as all of this is I can't believe it hasn't been locked yet.

It needs to be...I can't get any work done, this is far too entertaining. I'd contribute, but seeing as how this has gotten sooo far off the original subject...crap, what was it anyway?

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
#1038446 09/01/04 01:32 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by arch:
The best part is, I knew I was right.

No you're wrong!

Quitsies, no anti-quitsies, no startsies, triple stamp, no erasies, touch blue make it true!

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
#1038447 09/01/04 01:32 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Until you have something constructive and intelligent to say, shut up.

Quote:

Page 43 of 57 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard