Print Thread
Page 40 of 57 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 56 57
#1038408 09/01/04 02:43 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
**jumps in with both feet**

1.) Red, Kremi, everyone else claiming the driver and passenger were innocent or "could have used something else) are NOT cops. Granted, neither are a majority of the rest of us. But given the situation, the cops did what they had to do- they ENDED A CHASE. Simple, clean, done.

2.) "What if the passenger was innocent?" What's the 0-60 speed of a Pathfinder? When he knew they were getting away from the cops, it'd have been smarter to get the f*ck out of the truck even if it was going 30 and take a couple of broken bones than an arrest, or in this case, death.

3.) With all of the "what if's," there hasn't been the question of what if the cops called off the chase, these two ran out of gas, carjacked and killed someone, stole THEIR car, and continued on this sick joyride? Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't think of that, because you assume both of the people in the Pathfinder were innocent. More "what if's," follow.

4.) What if the cops pulled them over, and the driver and passenger were armed, killed the cops, then took off? A cop was killed simply for pulling someone over? Yep, that's a right smart, nice thing for a person to do, isn't it?

5.) If you're going to start a high-speed chase with the cops, you've got something to hide. I don't care if you're 17 or 70. If the cops try to pull you over, and you've got nothing to hide to make it worse, you pull the F over. Plain and simple. You deal with whatever ticket comes your way.

The FACT of the matter is this- none of your solutions will, for 100% certainty, cause fewer casualties than what transpired. The cops unfortunately caused the truck to flip over. Yes, lives were lost. But, I'm not about to claim innocence here. No way. The cops didn't kill the two in the SUV. The driver did. The cops DID THEIR JOB by attempting to stop the car. You'd rather these two numbskulls continued on what they were doing and killed more people than they be taken out (even if it WAS intentional!)?

What if YOU were driving down the road and these two slammed into your car paralyzing you and (god forbid) kill whoever else you're with- parents, siblings, fiancee's, or even a pregnant wife?

At what point is it worth the risk? When these two have already left a trail of bodies behind them?

And a box maneuver? Why so the driver could slam into the cops on their own, kill them, and then keep going about their merry way? Yeah, that's smart. And, have you EVER fired a gun in your life? You try placing that kind of pressure onto a trigger while you're going 100mph. No road is smooth enough to guarantee a clean shot at ANYTHING, let alone the radiator of the truck. Nevermind the fact that they're nervous as hell already and their aim is going to be off. Spike strip? What if it doesn't work at all? The cops are already backing off at that point so they don't blow out THEIR tires. Then they're even further behind. Run the plates? What if the car was stolen? That move sure as hell wouldn't work.

There's no guarantee that they wouldn't have lost control on their own. At 100mph, what is 1/4 inch turn on the wheel? How about a pothole?

The cops stopped two people from potentially killing more people. It's unfortunate that two lives were taken. But it's NOT a tragedy. They used the only option at the time, and it unfortunately proved fatal to both driver and passenger. Quit trying to be the "good guys" and deal with facts, not the fantasy world you live in where EVERYTHING is perfect. The world is imperfect, and in a lot of ways it sucks. Buy a helmet.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#1038409 09/01/04 02:45 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by Red92784:
I think your getting confused. So how do you not expect me no to be?

FACTS! FACTS! FACTS!

You're right, those were facts. However, they were meaningless when applied towards the GSP, since the GSP doesn't follow Jasper county policy.

#1038410 09/01/04 02:49 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
You have no one else backing you up now. A little strange?... I think not. Everyone else saw the facts and realized they were wrong. So just give it up. You dont have to admit it, just stop posting. I will undestand.

This may come as a complete shock to you but consider the fact that guys like Sandman have families and OMG, have OTHER THINGS TO DO!!!!

And I don't need help, I can hold my own against your sorry ass.

#1038411 09/01/04 02:54 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You have no one else backing you up now. A little strange?... I think not. Everyone else saw the facts and realized they were wrong. So just give it up. You dont have to admit it, just stop posting. I will undestand.

Nobody was backing anybody up, genius. People were seeing what was an extremely dangerous situation and recognizing the ONLY thing the cops could have done to stop it.

#1038412 09/01/04 02:54 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Quote from the GA Police Dept:"The State Patrol's policy on pursuits says the ramming maneuver used on Sharp's vehicle "should only be used at reasonable speeds and in locations where it is reasonable to expect that the maneuver can be safely accomplished."

You want the web address???

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038413 09/01/04 02:56 AM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Quote from the GA Police Dept:"The State Patrol's policy on pursuits says the ramming maneuver used on Sharp's vehicle "should only be used at reasonable speeds and in locations where it is reasonable to expect that the maneuver can be safely accomplished."

We've already been over this.

#1038414 09/01/04 02:57 AM
S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
you may not need help, but i got your back Packrat...

i got one for ya red...

if you were the passenger and this madman accelrated to 100 + MPH in ANY CAR...would you not then at least buckle your seatbelt???

i know i would.

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
#1038415 09/01/04 03:00 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

You can quote something from a police "procedure." You want a cookie?

And, as was pointed out to your stupid ass a few pages ago, it was safely accomplished- no other cars or people were injured. Sounds accomplished to me.

#1038416 09/01/04 03:00 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Yes and its a shame that we have to go over it again.

I would probably too scared to think of a seatbelt.

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038417 09/01/04 03:01 AM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
IT WAS NOT COMPLETED SUCCESFULLY. THE PIT MANUVER IS ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE USED UNDER 35MPH.

Page 40 of 57 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard