Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 57 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 56 57
#1038228 08/31/04 04:03 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
and your scientific study of this is where? Sorry, no one is going to buy that. Being an officer in no way makes me less of a citizen. Police are there to serve the public interest. We are not the ogres you would make us out to be. I spend far more time as a citizen than I do as an officer. I don't want my rights violated any more than you do. The difference is, I recognize the responsibility of the citizen to obey the law.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
#1038229 08/31/04 04:11 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Hmm, so for a simple example. I was pulled over by an undercover officer a few monthes back. I saw him pull out behind me because he had just finished giving someone a ticket. I obeyed the speed limit used my turn signal every time and obeyed every street sign. He told me I was pulled over for excessive speed and failure to signal.(BS!!) I knew for a fact that I had done nothing wrong. He saw a nice car with four people in it and in his opinion we were up to no good. In reality I was coming home from the grocery store.

This is abuse of power!

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038230 08/31/04 04:12 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

Quote:

A cop KILLED two people,

No... A cop killed two criminals...

ATTENTION!: Criminals are no longer people.

Quote:

At the time everyone in that car was a criminal

Exactly how cops think.
Innocent until proven guilty. Unless you're a cop. Then anybody and everybody is guilty until proven Innocent.
Quote:

At the time all the cops knew was that they tried to pull someone over and they took off. They didn't know...

THEY DIDNT KNOW. Which means, they assumed they were guilty.
Which is WRONG.

Originally posted by sigma:
Originally posted by arch:
Quote:

two criminals

Hypocrite

Please explain how that is "hypocritical". I believe you must be using that world incorrectly.

They were not both criminals. The cops had no way of knowing what the passengers relationship was. Therefor, Like it was said eariler, The passenger could've been kidnapped for all they know. And they would've killed an innocent person. What if that passenger was your daugther? You would be on the other side of the argument. My arguement is based on facts known prior to the end of the chase.
Boxing a car in, is a non-lethal option, and yes it can be done safely at that speed. With or without the help of truckers. Getting infront of the car and slowly braking the cop car is another way of slowing the car down. It was mentioned that its possible to live from a PIT at high speeds like was done before when a helicopter was chasing a stolen car with police trying. However this was a SUV, and that car was a mustang. The SUV will FLIP at those speeds. The mustang will spin. The cop killed two PEOPLE. At the very least, The passenger had no right to die, no reason to die.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038231 08/31/04 04:30 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

Exactly how cops think.
Innocent until proven guilty. Unless you're a cop. Then anybody and everybody is guilty until proven Innocent.

When you run from the cops you're guilty of something flat-out, even if it's nothing more than running from the cops, it's still something.

Now, I know you're going to say "But the passenger didn't do anything" -- Well the Cops don't know that. For all they know they were holding a gun to the driver's head. So they take the driver off the jail and tell the passenger to take a taxi home. Smart move there, huh?

Quote:

THEY DIDNT KNOW. Which means, they assumed they were guilty.
Which is WRONG.

This has nothing to do with cops that's our law. You run from the cops and everyone in the car is assumed to be guilty of something until everything's straightened out. Have a problem with that, then when you actually get old enough to vote, you can do something to change it.

Quote:

Boxing a car in, is a non-lethal option, and yes it can be done safely at that speed. With or without the help of truckers. Getting infront of the car and slowly braking the cop car is another way of slowing the car down.

No [censored] way. You try getting in front of a car going 110mph and stopping, see what happens. You're not only going to kill the people in the SUV, you're likely to kill the cops too. Jesus Christ man, how many [censored] cop chase movies do you watch?

Quote:

They were not both criminals. The cops had no way of knowing what the passengers relationship was. Therefor, Like it was said eariler, The passenger could've been kidnapped for all they know. And they would've killed an innocent person. What if that passenger was your daugther?

Or maybe it was the othe way around. Or maybe. Or maybe.

Get off your damn "maybes" and look at reality. When you've got the education to make some real suggestions, come back to me. But it'll be a while, I'm sure.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1038232 08/31/04 04:32 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Sandman333:
Lol, I think that, on these forums, you have just done the equivilant of commiting suicide. I have a long established reputation around here, and by your post count, I'm guessing you don't. I am a police officer, and know what is practical and what is not. Some of your suggestions just make no sense from a practical standpoint. If you have come to this type of attack, it is clear that you have lost the debate. Good day.

So let me get this straight. If I have a low post count I get no respect? And if someone has too high of a post count they are a post whore.

You know I came to CEG over FContour.org because I thought you guys were a little more mature. Mabey I was wrong.

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038233 08/31/04 04:33 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Quote:

You know I came to CEG over FContour.org

Oh. Well that explains it.

Quote:

So let me get this straight. If I have a low post count I get no respect?

No, you get the respect that you earn. Sandmann's contributed a lot here and you haven't. Pretty simple really. We all start at zero, some are held higher and some are held lower -- but it's earned, not given.

And it sure as hell has nothing to do with post-count. Sandmann's been here years and has 600 posts -- you've been here a month and have 200. If it was post count you'd be ahead by a mile.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1038234 08/31/04 04:34 PM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
#1038235 08/31/04 04:35 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
WTF does that mean. I checked out Fcontour.org and CEG and decided I would rather be part of CEG. You f*cking moron.

#1038236 08/31/04 04:38 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Red92784:
You f*cking moron.

Any you say we are not mature?

#1038237 08/31/04 04:40 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Quote:

Well the Cops don't know that.

Point Proven.
Quote:

You run from the cops and everyone in the car is assumed to be guilty of something until everything's straightened out.

Point Proven.
Quote:

No [censored] way. You try getting in front of a car going 110mph and stopping, see what happens. You're not only going to kill the people in the SUV, you're likely to kill the cops too. Jesus Christ man, how many [censored] cop chase movies do you watch?

Sad part is, you're serious.
Quote:

look at reality.

Quote:

NO.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

Page 22 of 57 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard