Print Thread
Page 14 of 57 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 56 57
#1038148 08/31/04 12:47 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Kremi, dude. You seriously need to go on a few ride alongs. Many PDs offer the opportunity for observers to accompany the officers for an evening. You should go on a few to see what it's like for them.

After a few, start asking your questions & get their perspective on things. It'll open your eyes to a whole new way of seeing the world. Knowledge is power!

Nah, he won't do that, he won't even bother to sit and watch a damn tv show that will show him this sort of thing too. If he won't even check out a tv show, he definately doesn't have the cajones to go on a ride along. Ah well.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#1038149 08/31/04 01:10 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Red92784:
Couldn't they like pull in front of them and shoot at the radiater?

That would stop em' pretty soon.

Hmm HeHe HaHa HoHo!

You, my friend, definitely need to stop watching TV.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
#1038150 08/31/04 01:12 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Sandman333:

What? It could work.

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038151 08/31/04 01:36 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A

Hmm HeHe HaHa HoHo!

Would be safer than pitting the car at 100+. I've seen chases where cops shoot out tires and such, that wasnt in movies. shows like real TV or cops have those chases on all the time.

Most states tell troopers to let the car go, if they dont have a very good reason to stop it. In this case they didnt. Spike strips are constantly used in high traffic... and if you ever watch cops use spike strips, they throw them out... car goes over them, then they yank them back as the cop car thats chasing the car goes by... takes 1/2 a second. They could've done something else besides killing people. Cops dont have that right. Yes, the SUV was endangering other motorists lifes... but thats when the cops need to decided to let it go. Besides, for a suspended license... chasing the car for that long is pointless, and they already had the plates on the car, and they saw who was driving it. Why not let the car go, and go back to the house and wait for the person to show up. Been done before...

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038152 08/31/04 01:41 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by arch:

Hmm HeHe HaHa HoHo!

Would be safer than pitting the car at 100+. I've seen chases where cops shoot out tires and such, that wasnt in movies. shows like real TV or cops have those chases on all the time.

Most states tell troopers to let the car go, if they dont have a very good reason to stop it. In this case they didnt. Spike strips are constantly used in high traffic... and if you ever watch cops use spike strips, they throw them out... car goes over them, then they yank them back as the cop car thats chasing the car goes by... takes 1/2 a second. They could've done something else besides killing people. Cops dont have that right. Yes, the SUV was endangering other motorists lifes... but thats when the cops need to decided to let it go. Besides, for a suspended license... chasing the car for that long is pointless, and they already had the plates on the car, and they saw who was driving it. Why not let the car go, and go back to the house and wait for the person to show up. Been done before...

Look at it from the oppisite point of view. Why would someone only guilty of DWS run like that. Could possibly be that the passenger was kidnapped or being held hostage. The officers didn't know that either. It makes no sense to run like that for such a minor violation, and so prudence suggests that something more is going on. Therefore, the police have an interest in investigating further, hence continuing the chase.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
#1038153 08/31/04 01:45 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
You hear about people running for stupid stuff like that all the time. Ever watched cops, or worlds craziest police chases. Plus arch is right, they had the tags. They coulda backed off and waited for them at home.

98 Contour SVT (soon to be reborn) 2000 GMC Envoy... Screw you guys, I like it. 89' Mustang 5.0 (Just bolt on's... for now)
#1038154 08/31/04 01:48 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Can GSP not afford a helicopter?
Whatever happened to cops using every non-lethal force before lethal force?
Ive seen people run for the stupidest reasons, just to get out of a ticket or an arrest. I know people that run for stupider reasons.
Was watching cops last week... guy was running because the cop wanted to pull him over for a tail light out. Totaled his car.

In any case, that cop killed two people. FACT. You cant tell me he didnt. In any state, that gets prision time. If I did that with my car, I would be going to jail. So you want to tell me just because somebody has a different career choice than me, its ok to kill innocent people? Goverment officials even get introuble for killing innocent people, but its ok because its called 'casualty's of war'. I hate this 'Oh, he is a cop, and he was doing his job, so its ok' BS. He killed two people. Lethal force is supposed to be the last option.

Last edited by arch; 08/31/04 01:54 PM.

Quote:

My bicycle has four wheel disc brakes

#1038155 08/31/04 01:49 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
don't make the mistake of equating what you see on "Cops" with everyday police work. 99% of the time, they are running because 1.Drugs, 2.DUI, 3.Stolen vehicle or property, 4.They are wanted on a warrant.....

#1038156 08/31/04 01:57 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
The truth is you don't know what they were running for. The truth is that the cops took the life of 2 people, one innocent, without knoledge of why they were even running.
I dont think they would have made it 60 miles at 100+mph if the driver was drunk. Any other reason isn't good enough to take someones life. If they backed off and let them think they got away they would have slowed and gone home. The cops could have picked them up later.

#1038157 08/31/04 01:57 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by arch:

In any case, that cop killed two people. FACT. You cant tell me he didnt. In any state, that gets prision time. If I did that with my car, I would be going to jail. So you want to tell me just because somebody has a different career choice than me, its ok to kill innocent people? Goverment officials even get introuble for killing innocent people, but its ok because its called 'casualty's of war'. I hate this 'Oh, he is a cop, and he was doing his job, so its ok' BS. He killed two people. Lethal force is supposed to be the last option.

They killed themselves. They set in motion the events that led to their own deaths. Don't try to pin this on the cop, the people mostly responsible for this will be pushing up daisies.

If you did that in your car, you're damn right you'd be going to jail. Don't be a dumbass. You doing it and a cop doing it are apples and oranges.

And they are hardly innocent. You're acting like the cops ran two people off the road who weren't doing anything.

Wanker.

Page 14 of 57 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 56 57

Link Copied to Clipboard