Damn, aside from having to weed through the drama this helps me out quite a bit. Earlier today I was trying to fix my idle problem, cleaned the MAF sensor, let the car sit and idle for a bit and took the car out to see if things were fixed. Well, I like driving my CSVT, it is a 2000 w/ 60,800 on it. I'll admit, I do drive it kinda hard (one of my best friends has a 2001 S4 chipped and rallies the [censored] outta that [censored] with none of the issues I am reading about and currently experincing and I don't drive my car 1/2 as hard as he drives his), but I stay ontop of maintaince. Well I took it across the I90 floating bridge here in Seattle, got off at Rainer, made the turn to go back eastbound on I90 and hit the Rainer onramp. By the time I was across the bridge and getting off the W. Mercer off ramp I noticed a knocking sound. Parked it in the driveway and poped the hood. The sound wasn't present when the car was idling, but when I would step on the gas to rev the engine the sound came back. I wouldn't let it go above 3K RPM's. It seemed to be comming from the right side of the engine and would make almost a rubbing like sound when decreasing in RPM's, almost sounded like a belt was rubbing or something, but the knocking was pretty rough sounding. Within 2 hrs I had AAA at my place and towing the car out to a shop.
Any insight into my situation would be greatly appreciated

I've had to replace an engine on my old car due to a thrown rod, 87 Dodge Raider, and when the rod was making it's knocking sound it was always present, even when idling, which kinda gives me hope that it may not be the bering, but then I could be wrong.

Last edited by Mohaj; 08/27/04 04:15 AM.