Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Come on Mike, you know that being wrong is a hard pill for anyone to swallow. Terry, myself, Demon; we have all been wrong at times. It takes a secure, bigger man to come on and admit we are wrong.
However, when you factor in the internet and all the screaming wannabe's who follow after people can't stand it when their 'expert' is wrong and then dump them....you can understand why it is sometimes easier to say nothing at all then come out in print and admit you are wrong. Besides, if your're wrong once then people find it easier for you to be wrong again. I find that it builds character. You obviously know that Terry has been wrong in the past and you still respect him, so do I. That is proof that it is ok to be wrong.
So why am I saying this? I think its a fu|<|<ing waste of time to argue about the who's been right and wrong stuff, or to stick up for people who are smart enough and experienced enough to defend themselves.

IF you are worried about the sand issue then get a low mileage used motor with a return guarantee if there is low-end damage. Then you can't be wrong because any manufacturing defect is pretty much going to have happened already with regard to casting sands. Hell the low mileage used motor has the advantage of being tested, already broke in if you retain the rings and is so much cheaper than a new one.
Also, this sand in the motor is probably a very recent phenomenon and doesn't explain all the original spun bearing problems. In my mind they are not related and you guys should apply a little logic before yelling fire in the theater or people like dragonfly will start to think that the duratec is a bad motor and then that would reflect bad on all of Ford, Mazda, and Jaguar to say the least....and we know how our superior Japanese and European brethren make such better cars than we do.....yeah.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
well said

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
STOP PICKING ON DEMON. HE'S ONE OF MY HEROES.

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by SpliceVW:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Honda's break too!

My girlfriend has spent almost as much on her accord as I've spent on my piece of.. I mean.. my contour.

w3rd. My buddy has a '99 Accord with 93K on it. currently in the shop spending thousands of $$$$ getting the enigne replaced. It broke a piston ring a burnt out a couple valves. And this is a guy who never exceeds 1/4 throttle. Go figure.

Of course my CSVT has never missed a beat ...

BTW - Dragonfly and you other whiners ... read my sig and take it to heart. No one wants to hear the pissing and moaning.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I have never been wrong.
You could all learn a lesson from me.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
...no, but your parents were.
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
I have never been wrong.

Ryan Trollin!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
DOH

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have never been wrong.

I like akrumps sig and I pray you are joking D.fly

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I am always joking, just the way I am. If I get serious I would try to reply with a reasonable statement and make a fool out of myself by not spelling everything correct. So I resort to a childish comment.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
...no, but your parents were.
I have never been wrong.

rofl

best post in this whole thread.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15