Print Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
1. All the bearings mains.rods have metal/dirt inpregnated in them.
2. And oh man does the oil straight outta the oil pump ever stink [sic] And holy carbon on the pistons..yikes

1. That's fairly normal if you ran the engine with a spun bearing. Where do you think all the material goes after it's shaved off.

2. That statement is making no sense at all! Carbon in the combustion chamber. Who knew?

Perhaps you should have an educated mechanic look at the engine.

Demon don't even get me [censored] started
You have alot of nerve...I'm stating what I see OK?
This is the first Duratec I have stripped down with a spun bearing OK? yes I know the crap is going to circulate in the engine.

Tear down a hydraulic press sometime that has lost it's seals and tell me what you'll find in every valve,line,hose,and pump. I work on million dollar presses every day for a living that run tighter tolerances then these motors. And make parts that hold tighter tolerances yet!!! I'm talking to the tenth of one thousandth!!!So please don't knock me..you do NOT know me or my level of abilities.

And yes i know there will be carbon buildup, but not to the extent it's flaking off in huge chunks. is it wrong to state observations and the facts as they present themselves to me????

I simply was answering the questions of those who wanted to know what I saw and could see. I thought I saw eye to eye with you, but obviously you feel you are high and mighty above everyone else. I know when sarcasm needs to stop and be put on hold and this is one of those moments.

You [censored] asked for what I saw and what rod bearing spun so I told you. i then stated what else I saw and you return the favor with attacking me?!?!?!?!?!WTF is your problem man?? Seriously do you have a personality disorder..that you have to attack everyones intellect???
And yes that is a big [censored] you Demon!

please continue to attack me..see what I care the locals know me and respect me. You'll never understand

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
keyboard engineers know it all thinkmoto didnt you know that? dont let it get to you really terry has to correct demon all the time.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
Yes I am saying that.
Main reason im selling it Thursday.
Should have known when I saw the Troubleshooting forums lol
There comes a time when I need to grow up and stop dumping more money into a car that is known for breaking. Oh wait I could be like some people and sink thousands into a lemon and then brag about how awsome it is. Then cry in the Troubleshooting forum about how it breaks.
Dont get mad at the fact that I make better decisions.

And what are you going to buy instead? Stop trying to act smarter than everyone on these boards.

As for the rest of the thread....I leave for 2 weeks and look what I miss. I'm caught up and waiting for more!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RogerB:
Yes I am saying that.
Main reason im selling it Thursday.
Should have known when I saw the Troubleshooting forums lol
There comes a time when I need to grow up and stop dumping more money into a car that is known for breaking. Oh wait I could be like some people and sink thousands into a lemon and then brag about how awsome it is. Then cry in the Troubleshooting forum about how it breaks.
Dont get mad at the fact that I make better decisions.

Fine.

Then you will never know the joy of owning a true sportscar, either. You should avoid Porsches, BMW M3's, and anything Italian or otherwise sexier than a dishwasher.

This is a small problem for a very small number of people.

Then I have very bad luck. Both of my 2.5s have died of bearing problems.

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Stop trying to act smarter than everyone on these boards.

lol

Its no act
j/k your right did not mean to sound like a jerk. Was not my intention sorry.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Stop trying to act smarter than everyone on these boards.

lol

Its no act
j/k your right did not mean to sound like a jerk. Was not my intention sorry.

OOOO! Is that how it's gonna be?!

Honda's break too!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

Honda's break too!

My girlfriend has spent almost as much on her accord as I've spent on my piece of.. I mean.. my contour.

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by mikey boy:
keyboard engineers know it all thinkmoto didnt you know that? dont let it get to you really terry has to correct demon all the time.

Since when...

...and define all the time.

I haven't talked to him but 2 times in about 2 years and it went 1 for 1 on those two times. (with me believing his information on this one but it's still just his well informed hearsay until it's proven)

Also I still say this is a big blow up over a small percentage of possible engines that might possibly have a possible chance to possibly fail.

Like Tom said earlier. People see a few things and fly off with a worst case scenario and that's what caused every bad thing that ever happened to any car the had a Duratec engine touch it.

What about all Terry's baseless statement's about the strength of the MTX-75 (while break for certain past 200lb/ft), the OEM rods (shatter like Champaign glasses at 250HP), the DMD (it was made for crank whip), et cetera that have long been proven wrong?
Shall I continue or is that enough to state that everyone is not infallible...

We took them at face value based on his experience and reputation and what happened...

It's not gospel folks! Stop treating it like it is and you may learn something.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
time will tell man, this time you are going to learn something. <----quote me.

the thing is that terry will tell you that he was wrong and that he doesnt have all the answers. someone with his experience and knowlege doesnt have to waste his time with us but he does because he has a love and passion for what he does. i respect that. he isnt out to prove to everyone that he knows it all. if you ask him a question he will give you an educated answer without making you feel like an [censored]. thinkmoto posted info that he found that might help us so lets jot it down and move on.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Silverbullet98:
Does Anyone Have any pics of the bearings that have failed...if so lets take look at these and compare the differences...

You want pics - I give you pics

Spun 4 of 6

Tea 82 242Ti Proud former owner - Samantha '98 SVT #2253 Reborn Aug 21 2002 Cobra Paradise
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard