Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Let your imagination fly, but pretty much anything that has to do with the way the 2.5's and 3.0's are engineered.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
So you're saying that your engine, in your own car, is lame?

List of Jackasses
1: SalKhan
2: Nimrod
3: Dragonfly

Anymore takers?

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yes I am saying that.
Main reason im selling it Thursday.
Should have known when I saw the Troubleshooting forums lol
There comes a time when I need to grow up and stop dumping more money into a car that is known for breaking. Oh wait I could be like some people and sink thousands into a lemon and then brag about how awsome it is. Then cry in the Troubleshooting forum about how it breaks.
Dont get mad at the fact that I make better decisions.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Chalk up another 2.5L SVT motor to the spun bearing club. i just tore apart the car I bought and it's got a nice spun rod bearing, Fugger is toast and the crank too...I think

Go through it and look for sand!

That I will and No I won't be building a 3L. I'm looking into a 2.5L bottome end non svt to build with the svt heads for someone who wants one of my cars. I will tear the rest of the lower end apart soon and investigate the block. It's too bad I couldn't get my hands on a crank and one rod

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Dragonfly:
Yes I am saying that.
Main reason im selling it Thursday.
Should have known when I saw the Troubleshooting forums lol
There comes a time when I need to grow up and stop dumping more money into a car that is known for breaking. Oh wait I could be like some people and sink thousands into a lemon and then brag about how awsome it is. Then cry in the Troubleshooting forum about how it breaks.
Dont get mad at the fact that I make better decisions.

Fine.

Then you will never know the joy of owning a true sportscar, either. You should avoid Porsches, BMW M3's, and anything Italian or otherwise sexier than a dishwasher.

This is a small problem for a very small number of people.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I have allready owned a true sports car. And it is not the Tour. A true sports car you dont have to sink thousands in to mod it up.
M3 does not = true sports car.
my comment of "Oh wait I could be like some people and sink thousands into a lemon and then brag about how awsome it is. Then cry in the Troubleshooting forum about how it breaks. " applies to sinking thousands into a Lemon and still have a slow car that breaks all the time.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
i think hes refering to his moms honda accord. ha ha nice hi jack dragon please leave and shut up. as for the original topic. i will be disassembling my old svt shortblock i blew up last year. i will be looking for sand and such. so add me to the list that is interested in finding out what is causing these problems

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Well I pulled the crank and pistons/rods out. All the bearings mains.rods have metal/dirt inpregnated in them. And oh man does the oil straight outta the oil pump ever stink If this motor would have ran much longer I think it would have eventually scattered bits The funny thing is the damn cylinder bores are spotless. I only saw a few scratches in them. And holy carbon on the pistons..yikes

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
1. All the bearings mains.rods have metal/dirt inpregnated in them.
2. And oh man does the oil straight outta the oil pump ever stink [sic] And holy carbon on the pistons..yikes

1. That's fairly normal if you ran the engine with a spun bearing. Where do you think all the material goes after it's shaved off.

2. That statement is making no sense at all! Carbon in the combustion chamber. Who knew?

Perhaps you should have an educated mechanic look at the engine.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
It's too bad I couldn't get my hands on a crank and one rod

If you *really* want a crank & rods, pm me. SVT~ 63kmi.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard