Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

That's not the 3L's fault and yes I'm being a mean SOB because people like passing the buck just too damn much!

I'm not passing the buck. I don't think Terry is either. His engines ahven't had any problems due to him. The only issue was cpasut's but that was due to a chain going. His was a casualty to the bad batch. That's how the timing chain issue came about. The only other thing I can think of is poor conrod's. But as Demon stated tons out there running fine. Is their something about some of the 01+ conrod's? All I know is I'm going to have someone go through this engine & I'm throwing it in. If it dies then the car is getting parted out.

I don't know, you tell me.
I haven't thrown a rod or spun any bearings even though I live in hot climates and run a thicker than recommended oil.
I have tested out 3 sets of connecting rods, 98, 99 and 01.
None have broke. These last set have sustained 330 ft-lbs of torque and up to 7000 rpms. I tuned it back down to around 300 ft-lbs when I left just so the tires weren't shredded but still not an issue.

I take take it easy on my motors but I take care of them.
This is probably just some sensationalism brought on by a premature ejaculation from some skeptical data.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black