Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I was told that it would not make it all the way into the filter.

With that said - Even if it did it would be passing through the entire system to get there.

That would make sense if the problem is after the filter location in the oil gallery and before the oil drains. (which feed the pan/pickup)
That means this material could defintely do it's damage before it circulated back to the filter. It it even made it that far without collecting somewhere.

Now the hit to miss rate must be extremely low but even still that's a crazy thing to "miss"

yeah I read Terrys post on FCO. Thats a damn shame This is a real humdinger of a problem.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
From my hometown..
Blackstone Labs
Originally posted by dallasb84:
where do you get an analysis

Ryan Trollin!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Has anybody that has had a "spun" bearing done an oil analysis. Surely if sand was the issue it would show up in the oil. I'm sure its some type silicate not your normal beach sand, and would be noticed.

I cracked a bearing... somehow... LOL
and on my last oil change, I had plenty of particulate
"sand" in my oil. I'm actually thinking of going back to my
stock airbox and taking off the KKM for a bit.
Which BTW has been regularly maintained, with cleaning and oiling.
It could be my cold air feed from the ground.

99 Cougar V6 Tourmaline Green: MTX, KKM, Borla Dual...
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Eric Ford:
I had plenty of particulate

I'd believe an intake leak or damaged/improperly oiled filter before it passing through the filter like that.

I've had many JOAP samples sent in and never had any high silicon readings.

I've run an open air K&N with a forced fender air draw for years.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Wow, this news sucks... I would almost take a few thousand mile salvage engine and totally check the oil passages for sand over buying a new engine, just so that the oil had a chance to remove any really loose sand. Remove and replace all of the head plugs, remove and replace the mains/girdle/etc and clean as needed. A really good cleaning with compressed air and maybe a little digging inside the passages with a piece of wire clothes hanger perhaps... It would at least improve your chances...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Eric Ford:

I cracked a bearing... somehow... LOL
and on my last oil change, I had plenty of particulate

Yea I believe what Demon said there, I am sure its not the sand we are looking for.

But another thing, how does sand and hard right turns equal bearing failure? I understand the right turns. But I am not sure how the sand could become unloged so quick and flow downstream. It would need alot of oil to help it move, and if there is oil there than I would assume it would protect the bearing, Unless the sand is trapping the oil and not letting it get to the bearings

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by livinsvt:
It would need alot of oil to help it move, and if there is oil there than I would assume it would protect the bearing,

Sand in the oil no matter what kind of oil is bad period!!!!Instant internal failure..I've seen the results of collapsed air intakes on ATV's...Complete carnage of a motor in minutes. I think some are getting off lucky with just a spun bearing or 2. Hell of alot cheaper then a complete motor rebuild.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
On the fordmondeo.org site, there are not many Mondys that have spun bearings. But....There are TONNES of V6's that have had the head gasket replaced.
Including mine....

1996 Mondeo 24v 4-door twin janspeed stainless pipe cat by-pass Phase 2 RS bodykit 16" cosworth alloys K&N RU3530 SVT TB/UIM/LIM poly bushings konis/bat springs/bar Pioneer MSDS Indiglos P&P heads 2005 Mondeo Zetec Tdci
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
So is the sand issue not a problem for the mondeo block?...being that they're cast in a different place (i'm assuming).

So is this a solution for the guys over here?

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ronan:
...there are not many Mondys that have spun bearings...

OK. If this is true in that there is very little or no bearing problem accross the pond, would you not be able to conclude that it's not the casting process at all?

It seams to me that if the Cosworth casting process is receiving the blame, it'd be across the board wouldn't ya think?

Is this fact? 24V Mondeos don't have the same degree of bearing problems as North American cars?

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard