Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
congrats on the upgrade.....i've made the CSVT to G35 jump myself, though there were a few intermediate steps in between in my case. i have 6200 miles on my coupe that i bought in april and am loving it. no CEL's or other problems w/ mine so far, though i do have an intermittent fuel filling problem that happens if i let the tank get below the 1/4 mark. i'll probably get that checked out at my next oil change....

as far as good enthusiast websites - i'm like you; haven't found any that really feel like "home". i visit freshalloy.com, g35driver.com, and my350z.com pretty often....freshalloy is pretty heavily moderated and is so huge a site that i don't find much of interest there, and g35driver has a lot of immature punks posting crap all the time. my350z is pretty good and has a lot of good info, which even though most of it is Z-centric can be applicable to the G35....

anyway - enjoy the new ride!

oh, and btw - i remember marwan.

blake --former CSVT owner-- MINE: 2002 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 - stone white/taupe HERS: 2005 acura TL 5AT non-navi - satin silver/quartz GARAGE ORNAMENT: 1962 chevy C10 fleetside pickup - tan/rust
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Yankees25:
Took a bit of searching, but I did find a pretty much base stick sedan. The dealer in Raleigh had to locate the car 400 miles away. The only option I wanted (and didn't get) was the Bose, but oh well - it's still a great car regardless...

The '05's have been slightly restyled (and bumped up in price), and the 6MT's won't be produced again til December. The timing was right for the jump with the discount financing on the '04s.

I'm happy.

Congrats! I wish they (all the car companies) would make more "base" versions of their cars with big engines and manual transmissions. "Base" of course is subjective, but I don't need nav or leather, etc. Just give me power locks and windows, AC, and a CD player along with a great driving experience and I'll be happy. Good luck on your beautiful new car! I hope my CSVT does as well as your's apparently has!

2002 Nissan Maxima SE Former 2000 SVT Contour owner
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Yankees25:
I've enjoyed being a part of CEG since the American List-Serv days. Ray McNairy and Nick DiNatale found me lurking on the Car and Driver Contour chat board, and with their encouragement I've been here ever since. What a cast of characters that have been here. Before there was CBM, there was Marwan Accary (anyone remember him!!!).

Oh god, not Marwan! Always posting about his success (or lack thereof) with the ladies.

I made the jump from an SVT too, although I decided to walk on the wild side with an Evo. My brother has a G35 sedan and loves it. My boss has a G35 Coupe based on my recommendation, and is equally pleased. The G series is a great car.

See you on I-40 sometime.

Last edited by Lee K; 08/17/04 07:47 PM.

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
cool beans man...i guess i won't be spotting you around anymore, there's a sea of G35's here in SI. I'm planning the same "upgrade." myself. Except i want a coupe with the 6 speed manual. I'll probably have to buy and register it in florida so I can afford the insurance too.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
The sedan, with the manual...

--T.J., on my way with a slim jim...

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
are they going to offer the coupe in AWD like they do the sedan?

Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
As far as I know, no plans thus far to offer the coupe with AWD. If they did, unfortunately it would likely be a slushbox. Not that it's a bad thing necessarily: the loaner I had from the dealership for the CEL was a G35x. The day I had it, it rained buckets, and simply no drama driving that thing while others were pulling over to the side of the road.

But basically, the sedan is known to be underrated on HP by Infiniti, and is actually a little lighter than the coupe. For my needs, a somewhat stealthy 4-door still fits the bill.

Jim H 95 Midnight Blue SE (Sold) 98.5 Silver Frost E1 (Sold) '04 G35 6MT Sedan (Sold) '01 Aurora 4.0
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Congrats, Jim!

You were definitely one of the originals! I'm sorry to see you go.

Have fun with the G35! Great car for sure.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard